CUSTOMER ACCOUNT REPRESENTATIVE
Dowler-Karn Limited, a leading Southwestern Ontario propane and fuel distributor, has an immediate opening for a permanent, fulltime Customer Account Representative for its Chatham sales territory, as well as support in the Sarnia territory. This position requires working closely with the Branch Manager, Sales Manager, and other key industry and community partners.
The customer account representative is key in the responsibility of building customer relationships with new and existing clients and will work closely with our regional sales team and branch manager to increase sales opportunities, maximize revenue, ensure ongoing customer satisfaction and retain business.
Key accountabilities include:
- Generate new business by pursuing sales leads and following up on referrals.
- As a front-line representative, this individual will support existing clients to ensure ongoing satisfaction and retain business.
- Interact and respond to customer inquiries in an effective manner to meet their needs, including proving strong support and guidance.
- Work closely with our service and customer support staff to ensure that we continue to meet and exceed the needs of our diverse range of customers.
- Maintain accurate reports with respect to sales activities.
- Participate in industry, charity or community functions / events on behalf of the company, occasionally during evenings or weekends.
To be considered for this excellent career opportunity within a successful and growing third generation owned family business, interested candidates should have the following qualifications:
- Post-secondary education or significant industry expertise.
- Sales experience required; rural, agricultural and / or industrial exposure would be beneficial.
- Familiarity with propane, fuels and lubricants along with knowledge of the industry’s regulatory and safety requirements would be beneficial.
- Possess strong organizational and business related skills and will be tasked with promoting a multi-product line.
- Self-directed and possess excellent time management skills. This includes the ability to work independently with a strong sense of motivation to succeed in a competitive marketplace.
- Strong communication and customer service abilities to effectively build positive relations with customers and peers is essential.
- Possess specific or technical expertise is preferred but training is available.
- Computer literate, including effective working skills of MS Word, Excel; willingness to learn other computer systems.
- A well-defined sense of diplomacy, including solid negotiation, conflict resolution, and people management skills.
- Willingness to work in both office and more often, external environments. By extension, a clean driving record is a necessity.
- Professional, responsive and positive work attitude is essential.
- Able to work flexible hours. Hours of work are based on the needs of the business in relation to the hours of branch operation, customer specific needs and seasonal variations.
Dowler-Karn Limited places great importance on serving our employees and customers. As a successful family run business that has been in operation for over 70 years, Dowler-Karn operates based on the core values of service, integrity, and community responsibility. We offer a competitive salary along with a comprehensive benefits package including a vehicle allowance in this role.
Interested applicants are directed to submit a resume and covering letter to HR@dowlerkarn.com. The deadline for consideration is 9:00 a.m., Monday, October 23rd, 2017.
If you want to learn more about Dowler-Karn, please visit our website at www.dowlerkarn.com or connect with us:
You Tube: http://bit.ly/DowlerKarnCustomers
Dowler-Karn is committed to providing accommodations for people with disabilities. If you require an accommodation, we will work with you to meet your needs throughout all parts of the hiring process.
Please note that only those individuals selected for an interview will be contacted.