||Dec 14, 2020
Job Title: Scheduler Rate: Salaried position
Job Opening ID: 2020-SCH-EX Posting: External
Full Time/Part Time: Full Time Regular/Temporary: Regular
Post Date: December 14, 2020 Close Date: December 31, 2020
Middlesex-London Paramedic Service is accepting applications for the position of Scheduler. The successful applicant will be responsible to schedule shifts, including training and modified duty shifts for paramedic and logistics staff, maintain all related data files and prepare routine reports. The principal task is to assign appropriate staff to required schedule assignments/locations in accordance with relevant policies and in accordance with the relevant Collective Agreement. The incumbent will also coordinate requests for vacation, time off, shift changes, and sick time bookings in consultation with the Operations Superintendents. In addition, the incumbent will serve as part of the team providing support to payroll processes. This position may require both day and evening shifts as determined by the Deputy Chief of Operations.
Applicants may submit a cover letter and resume via email to email@example.com by December 31, 2020, no later than 4:00pm.
• Completion of Grade 12 or equivalent combination of education, training, and experience.
• Post-secondary diploma in office administration, scheduling and/or a related discipline an asset.
Desired Qualifications and Experience
• Demonstrated administrative scheduling and payroll experience related to the summary of duties listed above normally acquired through the combination of education and relevant work experience.
• Minimum of 1 year related experience in an operations scheduling environment where time and attendance encoding was a principle function.
• Previous experience working in emergency services would be considered an asset with an emphasis on scheduling staff.
• Must possess excellent administrative and organizational skills including electronic database systems management, computer skills, and above-average knowledge of Microsoft Office software (especially Word and Excel).
• Effective verbal and written communication skills are required.
• Superior written and oral communication skills.
• Superior typing/keyboarding skills.
• Must be a self-motivated, self-directed worker that requires minimal supervision with the ability to multi-task duties and work under pressure to meet tight deadlines.
• Knowledge/familiarity with JBS Time Manager or other electronic scheduling software for the encoding of employee schedules and time.
• Experience pertaining to preparing, calculating, encoding, processing, reconciling and verifying all payroll related input such as attendance, vacation, and lieu time records accurately for submission to Payroll for processing.
• In accordance with the criminal record check policy, the position requires the incumbent to undergo a police criminal record check (no more than 30 days old).
• Vaccine: Influenza Shot – Preferred
MLPS is committed to fostering a positive and progressive workforce that is representative of the citizens we serve. We will provide equitable treatment and accommodation to ensure barrier-free employment.
In accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code, the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act and MLPS’ Accommodation Policy, a request for accommodation will be accepted as part of the hiring process.
To avoid any delays in the recruitment process, if you require accommodation to apply or if selected to participate in an assessment process, you must provide your accommodation needs in advance. You may also be required to submit adequate medical/other documentation to MLPS to support your request for accommodation.
Applicant information is collected under the Municipal Freedom of Information Act, and will be held in confidence, and only be used for candidate selection. We are dedicated to equal opportunity employment. Although we are very thankful for all applications, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.