||Jul 30, 2020
Job Title: Coordinator, System Performance and Regulatory Compliance Job Type: Coordinator / Non-Union
Job Opening ID: 2020-30-RC Posting: Internal/External
Full-Time/Part-Time: Full-Time Regular/Temporary: Regular
Post Date: July 30, 2020 Close Date: August 13, 2020
Middlesex-London Paramedic Service (MLPS) is currently accepting applications for the position of Coordinator of System Performance and Regulatory Compliance. This position provides a high level of regulatory and compliance knowledge and is directly accountable for portfolios that include a regular quality assurance program, as well as investigations into professional and service compliance. This role is expected, under the general direction of the Deputy Chief, Professional Standards, and within guidelines such as the Ambulance Act and MLPS Policies and Procedures and Collective Agreements, to exercise these duties and authorities using prudent judgment, discretion and professionalism.
• University degree in Health Sciences or equivalent combination of university, college and/or service related experience
Knowledge, Experience, and Qualifications
• Advanced understanding of the Emergency Medical Services Business, or related industry
• Exemplary knowledge of the legislative acts, regulations and bodies that guide Paramedic Services
• Exemplary knowledge of the medical and emergency service partners in the Middlesex-London area
• Exemplary knowledge of current health and emergency services issues in Ontario
• Minimum five (5) years’ experience with investigation processes, certifications in investigations considered an asset
• Experience in a management position or supervisory experience considered an asset
• Excellent written and oral communication skills.
• Demonstrated computer skills required.
• Demonstrated leadership, initiative and innovation.
• Works well under pressure.
• Possess the ability to organize and direct paramedic staff as assigned to the department and in time of emergency.
• Possess tact, discretion and sound judgement
• Ability to handle sensitive materials with discretion and professionalism
Applicants interested in the position may submit a cover letter, resume, and supporting documentation in confidence to Mr. Colin Heise via email at firstname.lastname@example.org quoting the job title in the subject line.
The deadline for submission is 4:00pm (EST) pm on August 13, 2020
Middlesex-London Paramedic Service is committed to fostering a positive and progressive workforce that is representative of the citizens we serve.
In accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code, the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act and MLPS’s Accommodation Policy, a request for accommodation will be accepted as part of the hiring process. If selected to participate in
the recruitment, selection and/or assessment process, please inform Mr. Colin Heise of the nature of any accommodation(s) that you may require.
To avoid any delays in the recruitment process, if you require accommodation to apply or if selected to participate in an assessment process, you must provide your accommodation needs in advance. You may also be required to submit adequate medical/other documentation to MLPS to support your request for accommodation.
Personal information contained in applications will be used for recruitment purposes and collected as per the Municipal Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act, R.S.O. 1990, Chapter M.56. This information will be held in confidence, and only be used for candidate selection. Although we are very thankful for all applications, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Documents are available in various accessible formats upon request. To make a request please contact Mr. Colin Heise at 519-679-5466 x.1104.