Are you a driven, energetic leader with strong problem-solving and time management skills? Do you thrive in a fast-paced automotive manufacturing environment with a high level of responsibility? Our client, a very successful supplier to the automotive manufacturing industry, is seeking an exceptional Quality Manager to join their Southwestern Ontario facility.
The successful candidate will be a part of a globally recognized company that offers technologically innovative solutions for automotive and industrial applications. The company attributes their success to having diverse, competent teams of innovative, out of the box thinkers who want to reach their full potential, and by giving back to their community through various social engagement activities.
The Quality Manager is responsible for managing the Quality department for the Southwestern Ontario plant supporting current production, new launches, and service needs.
- Determine and implement optimum quality structure to support the Southwestern Ontario Team to facilitate root cause analysis and problem solving for the product/process development teams and manufacturing
- Act as coach and technical support for the facility’s manufacturing
- Structure Quality organization towards waste reduction - working toward decrease cost of poor
- Coordination of quality functions with Southwestern Ontario Quality Department
- Direct all phases of Quality & Continuous Improvement activities for the Southwestern Ontario facility
- Represent the Southwestern Ontario facility externally in the areas of Quality & Continuous Improvement
- Represent customer internally with regard to quality & productivity expectations, performance & system requirements consistent with IATF 16494
- Drive Quality Continuous Improvement goals
- Actively promote and maintain a culture of Continuous Improvement within the organization
- Coordinate the ongoing compliance of customer & internal quality procedural requirements
- Analyze & report on quality & productivity measures (ATQ ATPM)
- Support short-& long-term business goals of BU2 Business Unit, including policy, procedure and process development and compliance
- Coordinate quality initiatives i.e., IATF 16494, Zero tolerance for defects strategy
- Monitor and measure quality performance and improvement trends, provide advice and assistance toward the resolution of quality issues and serve as the organization’s “conscience” for quality. Providing reports for the corporate quality and MOS meetings
- Solid knowledge of IATF16949, ISO14001, ISO45001
- Knowledgeable in their duties and responsibilities in accordance with Health and safety legislation in Ontario.
- Knowledgeable in the company's duties and responsibilities in accordance with Environmental legislation in Ontario and Canada.
- Working knowledge of IATF16949, ISO14001, ISO45001
- Ensure that employees work in a safe manner and to enforce all applicable Environmental, Health and Safety legislation requirements and internal ISO 14001/OHSAS 18001 policies, procedures and work instructions.
- Technical Degree/Diploma or related work experience
- Minimum 7 to 10 years quality/manufacturing experience in the automotive field
- Proven written & oral communication skills
- Conversant in applied statistical methods
- Versed in problem solving techniques
- High attention to detail & accuracy