This posting has expired and applications are no longer being received and this job does not show up on the main job list.
||Dec 18, 2020
||College Diploma (2 years)
Great Lakes Copper Ltd., a Company of Mueller Streamline, has a great job opportunity available. We are currently looking for an IT Technician to join our team.
Great Lakes Copper is a fully integrated copper tube mill producing a broad assortment of high quality products, with particular strength in the large OD copper tube market, selling in both Canada and the States. We are based out of London, Ontario and have enjoyed servicing our clients for over 60 years. Our team proudly operates the only copper tube mill in Canada!
Position: IT TECHNICIAN
Reporting directly to the IT Manager, the position will maintain, analyze, troubleshoot, and repair computer systems, hardware and computer peripherals. In addition, the IT Technician will document, maintain, upgrade or replace hardware and software systems. The IT Technician works collaboratively with members of the IT team and business partners to support, define and analyze IT related requirements.
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Maintain hardware, such as PCs, laptops, tablets, printers, scanners, phones, cameras, and peripherals.
- Maintain desktop applications such as Microsoft Office, SolidWorks, label printing, meeting software and cameras.
- Provide front line user support, prioritize and resolve issues as they arise.
- Order hardware and software, code all invoices, and maintain inventory documentation of all hardware, software and licenses.
- Work with Maintenance Dept. for installing and troubleshooting network cabling / devices.
- Provide on-call after hours support, as needed. This may require on-site work in London or St. Thomas.
- Remain abreast of industry trends and solutions applicable for the business
- Other duties as required to support the business.
- Completed post-secondary education in the IT field with knowledge of PC maintenance, software installation and basic network troubleshooting.
- A minimum of 1 years’ experience in a related role.
- Superior analytical and problem-solving skills, as well as attention to detail.
- Proven planning, documenting and organizational skills.
- Good communication and listening skills.
- Ability to create and foster a continuous improvement culture, act as a role model for change.
- Demonstrated ability to complete projects from user request to implementation.
- Strong commitment and work ethic.
- Proven ability to work well in a team environment and work independently.
- Experience working in a manufacturing environment would be an asset.
Interested and qualified? We encourage you to apply by forwarding your resume and salary expectations to HR@glcopper.com. We appreciate all interest however only those chosen for an interview will be contacted.
Accommodations for job applicants with disabilities are available upon request during the interview process. To request accommodation during the recruitment process, please email Daniela.Pippo@glcopper.com or call (519)455-0770, ext. 226.
- Proven capability to support and configure a wide variety of hardware devices such as phones, cameras, multi-function printers, thermal printers, and barcode scanners.
- An overall working knowledge of PCs, LANS and peripherals.
- In depth knowledge of Win10, Active Directory.
- Experience with Powershell would be an asset.
- Contributes to safety by following safe work practices, policies and procedures.
- Ability to move about to resolve IT requirements in the office and Mill. (This would include bending under desks, climbing ladders, pushing carts with IT supplies, etc. for time to time)
- Remains abreast of industry trends