We are currently recruiting a senior mechanical engineer with building design experience in on behalf of our client in Kingston, Ontario. I n this role you will work with the mechanical design staff providing leadership and technical knowledge.
Our client is a building services professional engineering firm providing mechanical and electrical design throughout Canada.
Responsibilities of the Job:
- Review and stamp mechanical projects of all complexities and sizes
- Direct design strategies / concepts on complex projects • Provide technical leadership within the mechanical team
- Lead audits, feasibility assessments and investigations and write corresponding reports. • Support efforts in the continuous development of mechanical design standards and practices
- Mentor intermediate and junior level engineers and designers
- Involvement in troubleshooting construction issues
- Communicate with clients, contractors and sales reps, prepare project documentation and coordinate with other engineering disciplines
- Conduct site visits/reviews and construction phase services
- Other responsibilities as required
- Design experience with numerous central plant systems including hot water, steam, and chilled water systems
- Significant exposure to DDC control systems; writing sequences of operations and specifications, and troubleshooting on-site control issues
- Extensive code knowledge including but not limited to: OBC, ASHRAE standards, CSA standards, ASPE standards, NFPA standards
- Design experience in multiple industries which may include: commercial, industrial, educational, multi-unit residential, healthcare, government, etc.
- Engineering license in Ontario with 10+ years of design experience in the building construction industry and at least 5 years design experience in Ontario.
- Strong desire to work within a team and develop the skills of the team members
What’s in it for you:
- Competitive pay – hourly rate based on work experience as well as performance bonuses for outstanding work, annual profit sharing, benefits and more.
- Ability to Grow – We invest in training our employees through formal out of office training sessions, in-office mentoring, and various online curriculum.
To Apply: Email: Michelle.email@example.com with the title "Senior Mechanical Engineer - Kingston"