We are Sollio Agriculture. We support farmers across Canada to help them maximize their performance, keeping in mind that there are only 24 hours in a day and 365 days in a year.
We bring together passionate people devoted to helping each other and moving forward together. These are men and women who are not afraid to work hard and get their hands dirty, every day. For them, agriculture is about family, community, and food.
Our pan-Canadian presence means that we’re there for them, on-site, when and where they need us. With our partners’ facilities as well as our own, we now have a total of 320 locations in nine provinces. Our goal is to support our farmers and the local areas where they operate. In short, we’re both close by and everywhere they need us to be. Our advisors are their advisors—the people who have always been by their side and know every acre of their local area. sollio.ag/en
Work location: Belton, Ontario. Remote work with some travel requirements.
Status: Permanent, Full Time,
Work location: The work location is flexible within the Ontario province.
Position is based out of a home office with travel to various Joint Venture locations as required, and occasionally the Sollio Office. Sollio has implemented a hybrid work pilot.
CHALLENGES WE OFFER:
This exciting and unique opportunity is to work within the Agronomy Company of Canada which operates 22 franchised joint-venture retail locations in Ontario and the Maritimes selling agricultural crop input products. It continues to experience a strong growth and is the industry leader in Eastern Canada.
Reporting to the Accounting Business Manager – this position would:
- Consult and advise each assigned joint-venture business owners on a regular basis regarding all financial matters related to their business;
- Prepare internal monthly, interim and year-end financial statements using Microsoft Excel and Microsoft Dynamics/Navision (includes regular adjusting journal entries, lead sheet reconciliations, in-depth gross margin and costing analysis, capital asset ledgers, etc.);
- Oversee and assist the accounting/bookkeeping staff at each joint-venture location;
- Prepare formal interim and year-end board packages for the board of directors;
- Attend and participate in the semi-annual board meetings by presenting a high-level overview of the financial performance of the respective joint-venture;
- Take the minutes at each board meeting and prepare board resolutions;
- Prepare various return on investment financial analysis on potential capital projects and business acquisitions/amalgamations;
- Prepare and analyze future capital plans for board approval, annual operating budgets & forecasts while assisting the joint-venture manager in all accounting and management reporting matters;
- Provide ongoing support with regards to the ERP system including training staff and answering questions with respect to the operations and accuracy of the system;
- Assist the joint-venture accounting staff with the year-end review and/or assurance engagements by being the main lead and contact to the external audit firm;
- Prepare year-end corporate income tax returns for the joint-ventures and be involved in any income tax assessments or reassessments with CRA.
YOU FIT THE FOLLOWING PROFILE
- A bachelor’s degrees in Finance / Commerce;
- You are CPA certified;
- A minimum of 2 years of relevant accounting experience in preparing and analyzing financial statements (internal statements preferred);
- You are very proficient in Microsoft Excel and have excellent problem-solving skills in accounting;
- You have a strong knowledge of business processes and experience in budgeting/forecasting/reporting and cash flows;
- You have excellent communication skills and possess the ability to connect, interact and build long-term business relationships;
- You are self-directed, organized and have the ability to prioritize;
- You can manage your time and workload to meet firm deadlines;
- A background in agriculture would be an asset.
If you want to join the ranks of an organization with a bright future that provides interesting challenges, a stimulating work environment as well as a competitive compensation package, we invite you to join our team.
Send your application to http://sollio.ag/career, http://www.jobs.net/j/JogrwINy
We thank all candidates for their interest in this position; however, only those selected for further consideration will be contacted. Sollio Agriculture and Atlantic Farm Services Inc. are equal opportunity employers.
Thank you for your consideration.