||Jul 28, 2022
JOB TITLE: IT Security Administrator
DEPARTMENT: Operational Support Services, Information Technology
SALARY RANGE: $68,325 - $90,357
HIRING RANGE: $68,325 -$87,206
DATE OF VACANCY: As soon as possible
APPLICATION DEADLINE: 2022 August 18
The IT Security Administrator provides leadership and support in the development, review, maintenance and enhancement of security measures, policies, procedures and guidelines to ensure the integrity of the Board’s information technology infrastructure, networks, computers, devices, applications, systems and services. Under the direction and guidance of the General Manager of Information Technology Services, the IT Security Administrator undertakes security and administrative investigations and audits on IT systems for staff and students; and protects and ensures the integrity of all Board IT systems and data, whether hosted on site, or off-site in the cloud or other 3rd party services.
Working with staff, the role is responsible to for proactively ensure ensuring security and privacy requirements are built in to system design and selection, ensure the ongoing security integrity of all board systems, keeping up to date on current security threats and recommending and performing mitigation activities and incident response measures. The IT Security Administrator will draft and recommend policies, procedures, guidelines and processes for security investigations, systems security design and ongoing security management. The role is responsible for coordinating with staff and vendors technical and end user training and awareness on all matters of technology security, storage and privacy. The role has access to systems, services and data at the highest levels, and is trusted with access to sensitive, private and confidential data and matters.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Monitors, assesses, recommends and reviews information technology systems and applications utilizing industry practices and standards to identify potential security risks and breaches.
- Conducts tests to determine potential security deficiencies and recommends improvements and risk mitigation measures.
- May develop, advise on and coordinate programs and processes to assess system integrity and security measures.
- Recommends, develops and implements approved enhancements, changes and additions to security policies, procedures, protocols and operational guidelines.
- Consults with Board staff to determine security needs and recommends solutions and end-user training requirements.
- Conducts security and administrative investigations as directed, addressing staff and student matters.
- Performs regular security audits and identifies actual and/or potential breaches of security policies, procedures and guidelines.
- Prepares and presents security investigation reports.
- Regularly monitors and reports on security trends and issues.
- Participates on project teams to address security-related matters and interests.
- Leads and assists in the training and education of staff and students on technology security, storage and privacy issues and best practices.
- Meets with staff and/or students to discuss, advise and resolve information technology security matters.
- Communicates with various internal and external stakeholders regarding security and privacy initiatives and opportunities, including by not limited to HR staff and the Board’s Freedom of Information Coordinator/Privacy Officer.
- Accesses systems, services and data at the highest levels, and is trusted with sensitive, private and confidential data.
- Maintains effective and co-operative liaison with staff, affiliated agencies, vendors, suppliers, consultants, service providers and staff in other government and community organizations and a high standard of employee/public relations at all times.
- Continually seeks opportunities to increase customer satisfaction and strengthen customer and vendor relationships.
- Maintains proficiency in programs and infrastructure including but not limited to Microsoft Office Suite (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access, Project, Publisher, Visio), SharePoint, Teams, Adobe Acrobat, the Internet, firewall policies and logs, Microsoft O365 and Azure security administration, and encryption techniques (e.g. Public Key Infrastructure - PKI, Transport Layer Security - TLS and Secure Socket Layer (SSL).
- Provides leadership in ensuring board compliance with security standards and regulations requirements, including but not limited to firewalls and anti-virus software, security information and event management, authentications including password policies, digital certifications and biometric), penetration testing, vulnerability scanning, information security standards, and data protection.
- Attends evening or weekend meetings as may be required and respond to emergencies during off-hours as may be required.
- Provides support to the General Manager, Information Technology Services as required.
- Knowledge of and proficiency of TVDSB bylaws, parliamentary procedure guidelines, release of information and related issues
- Possess group facilitation and presentation skills
- Proficient in computer systems such as Outlook 365, MS Office Suite, Teams etc.
- Must be proficient in Escribe
- Editing documents and minutes for accuracy and grammar
- Excellent interpersonal skills with effective communication skills, both orally and in writing
- Ability to work both independently and part of a team
The recruitment process requires a criminal background check for work with vulnerable at your own expense.
Please note it is the responsibility of the applicant to ensure that the application is received by Human Resources on or before the deadline date.
If you were educated outside of Canada, you must have your certificates and/or diplomas or degrees assessed against Canadian education standards. This will enable you to provide proof of Canadian equivalency when applying for a job. The Alliance of Credential Evaluation Services of Canada is a membership organization that offers fair and credible academic credential assessment services in Canada. (NOTE: This is different from translating credentials into English).
Please use the "APPLY FOR THIS POSITION" link below to submit your electronic application. Only applications submitted using this link will be considered.
The Thames Valley District School Board is committed to equity and inclusion in the recruitment of qualified staff who reflect and support the diverse perspectives, experiences and needs of our students and school communities. The Thames Valley District School Board seeks to ensure that all recruiting processes are non-discriminatory and barrier-free and will provide accommodations to applicants in accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA). Please inform the Human Resources team member indicated below of the nature of any accommodation(s) that you require.
A. Torchia, Staffing Specialist, Human Resources
We thank all applicants, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
- Completion of a four-year post-secondary program in a computer related field or equivalent. Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP) is highly desirable and preferred. Cisco CCNA/CCNP and/or Microsoft MCITP (MCSE) would be an asset.
- Five (5) years of relevant experience in information technology infrastructure administration and management, with an emphasis on security is required.