ABOUT THIS POSITION
Are you ready to immerse yourself in a world where creativity is the key to success? We are dedicated to crafting extraordinary experiences for gamers worldwide. Our team is a vibrant blend of innovators, gamers, and trailblazers passionate about pushing the boundaries of gaming.
The HR Manager will play a critical role in partnering with the Director, HR, in providing guidance and support on a wide range of strategic and operational HR issues. This position requires a data-driven, analytical, collaborative and influential human resources professional who has phenomenal people skills with a critical focus on the care and development of our employees.
- Translate business strategy into optimal People processes that are scalable, pragmatic, and adaptable to unique and changing business needs
- Diagnose problems and identify and drive appropriate solutions, striking the right balance between speed/flexibility and process/infrastructure
- Prioritize effectively to deliver results both as a strategic and a hands-on
- People business partner with a "pulse" of its employees
- Management of employee concerns (mediation, investigation, resolution of issues)
- Investigate, align with legal advice and resolve employee disciplinary cases
- Ensure regulatory compliance with legal requirements pertinent to the day-to-day management of employees; collaborate with the legal department when necessary
- Spearhead health and benefits, wellness and incentive programs
- Mentor, coach, grow and develop a team of passionate HR team members
- Provide HR oversight with reporting and special projects as required
- Role and responsibilities may change based on business requirements
- 4 plus years in a Sr. HRBP role within a gaming, tech or highly creative work environment
- Excellent people management skills (3 years’ experience of managing a team)
- Practical experience providing formal/informal executive coaching
- Proven track record in talent acquisition, employee relations, employment law, performance management, HR industry trends and HR strategy (CDN and US is a plus)
- Demonstrable experience with HR metrics
- Understands the need to validate the existing culture before attempting to change; is willing to ask questions and learn vs. telling and doing
- Outstanding project management skills delivering high-quality results in a fast-paced, complex, creative industry environment
- Be able to work autonomously, exercise excellent judgment, and be a critical member of both business and HR teams
- Be comfortable with ambiguity in an evolving, fast-paced environment
ABOUT DIGITAL EXTREMES
Founded in 1993 by James Schmalz, Digital Extremes ranks as one of the world's top independent video game development studios. Originating with the co-creation of Epic Games' multi-million unit selling Unreal® franchise including Unreal and Unreal Tournament, Digital Extremes went on to develop Dark Sector®, BioShock® for the PlayStation®3, the BioShock 2 multiplayer campaign, and The Darkness® II. The studio has reached its greatest critical and commercial success with the free-to-play action game, Warframe®, boasting a global community of 75 million registered players on PC, PS4™, Xbox One and Nintendo Switch™. The studio's most recently announced project is the much anticipated Soulframe®, an open-world action-fantasy MMORPG title that is currently under development.
Digital Extremes is headquartered in London, Ontario, Canada, and is proud to be selected as one of Canada's Top 100 Employers, achieving this recognition for the last ten years in a row.
For more information and exciting news related to Digital Extremes, please visit www.digitalextremes.com.
WHY WORK AT DIGITAL EXTREMES
Our culture is centered on providing great opportunities to our employees so that everyone feels they are making a meaningful impact. Developing new and existing talent is our long-term focus. We are honored that our work environment has been consistently recognized as one of “Canada’s Top 100 Employers”. We summon you to join our elite team!
The rewards of a career with Digital Extremes include:
- Competitive salary with bonus opportunities
- Excellent benefits and paid time off
- Matching RRSP plan
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Virtual access to Dialogue, our mental wellness and healthcare services app
- Professional development and career support
- Work-life balance fitness subsidies
- Be part of “Giving Back” through a multitude of fundraising venues at DE
- Virtual events such as team building exercises, Games night, Live band performances, Adult and separate children’s holiday and summer parties for global teams!
Digital Extremes is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion. We welcome and encourage applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available upon request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the recruitment process. We thank you for your interest, however, only those candidates selected for the next steps in the hiring process will be contacted.
Please apply for this opportunity directly through our website: https://grnh.se/9b83a3547us