JOB POSTING #: TL-17-08-057
POSTING TERM: AUG 11 – AUG 25, 2017
POSITION: AGRONOMY SOLUTIONS SPECIALIST
REPORTS TO: BRANCH MANAGER
STATUS: FULL TIME
LOCATION: PAINCOURT, ONTARIO ____________________________________________________________________________________
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Provide leadership in Agronomic knowledge to our Thompson Ag consultants and our Thompsons customers.
- Specialist that is responsible to partner with our Ag consultants providing agronomic advice and Data management expertise.
- Work with customers in organizing and interpreting agronomic data and sales of agronomy Services
- Crop Input Recommendations (Fertilizer/Chemical/Seed)
- Product Validation Trials
- Lead Data Analysis (interpretation of the results - Making Recommendations)
- Environmental stewardship - Government regulations and 4R stewardship
- Provide in season updates regarding agronomic solutions
- Research, analysis and development of agronomic solutions on special projects, specialty crops
- Responsible for increasing sales of our advanced agronomy solutions services.
- Use Sound agronomic practices with Advanced Agronomy services to provide a solutions based approach to our customers.
- Analysis of collected data to diagnose and recommend remedies of crop production problems and assist in promotion of crop input sales.
- Providing Staff training as it relates to agronomy issues and assist in training pertaining to the Sales process.
- Thompsons Limited is committed to ensuring a safe work environment at all times. The Agronomy Solutions Specialist is accountable to know and understand the Company’s health and safety rules and regulations.
- Other duties as assigned
SPECIAL JOB REQUIREMENTS
- Must have strong Agronomy skill set and the ability to integrate this skill set with Precision Ag technology.
- Must be willing and enjoy making sales calls including cold calls on a regular basis
- Must be self-motivated with good organizational skills
- Candidates must have excellent verbal and written communications skills.
- Must have strong computer skill.
- Experience with GPS equipment and equipment monitors would be considered an asset.
- Must be willing to pursue new technologies and skills that could be implemented to benefit Thompsons
Candidates must be graduates from a recognized Post Secondary program (preferably an Agronomic Degree or Diploma) and must have and maintain a Certified Crop Advisor Designation or be able and willing to achieve certification within one year. Candidates must have a minimum of three years agricultural sales/ agronomy experience.
Please indicate both Job Posting # and position when sending your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Your application must be received prior to 5:00 pm on the last day of posting term noted above.
THOMPSONS LIMITED IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
If you require any accommodations please contact us.