This posting has expired and applications are no longer being received and this job does not show up on the main job list.
||Oct 20, 2020
ASSIGNMENT: MIDNIGHTS 11 PM – 7 AM (subject to change)
JOB TITLE: Operations Supervisor
SALARY RANGE: $71,804 - $94,958
HIRING RANGE: $71,804 - $91,646
DATE OF VACANCY: To be determined
APPLICATION DEADLINE: 2020 October 29
The Operations Supervisor, provides leadership and supervision to custodial staff ensuring a safe, clean, and well-maintained learning environment for all students, staff, and the community. The incumbent delivers superior customer service to all stakeholders through responsive service delivery and is accountable to make sure that all legislative requirements are met while ensuring that staff are trained and supported through standardized practices.
- Provide supervision, leadership and assistance to staff through the delegation of work, conducting employee evaluations, completing incident/accident reporting, investigating concerns, and administrating legislative requirements and practices
- Provide operational and administrative support, including responding to school service needs, working with vendors, and completion of budget and expenditure documentation
- Perform staffing and resource allocation
- Participate in recruitment and selection processes
- Develop, implement, and coordinate specialized training for staff
- Provide and ensure a safe, clean and inclusive learning environment
- Respond to School service needs in an accurate and timely manner
- Supervise staff including delegating work, providing assistance and advice, and conducting performance appraisals
- Address Employee Relations matters, support conflict resolution with de-escalation techniques and provide support to employees through on-site investigations
- Assign and redeploy custodial staff to ensure daily coverage of assignments
- Ensure work is completed to Health & Safety, Fire Code and other regulations
- Plan and implement staff training, orientation, evaluation and quality assurance
- Contribute to the planning, budgeting, scheduling and acquisition of processes related to work orders, audit information, materials, equipment, and security systems
- Participate in Return to Work (RTW) meetings and arrange accommodation for employees
- Remediate operational and service concerns through research, problem solving, allocation of resources and follow up through communication
- Respond to emergency situations and deploy staff as necessary
- Research and recommend improved materials, technologies, processes and techniques
- Maintain building condition monitoring during non-instructional times
- Coordinate and organize summer cleaning and specialized work projects
- Where required attend and support Board level committees such as Health and Safety, product review, CCAC, wood floor maintenance, etc.
- Prepare supporting documents for site visits and assisting with walk-throughs for Facilities Assessments and OSBIE audits
- Complete special assignments as directed by the Supervisor and/or Manager as requested
EDUCATION/EXPERIENCE: Successful completion of a three (3) year degree or diploma in Business Administration, Engineering or Building Operations or equivalent. Five (5) years of related work experience with a minimum of three (3) years in building operations/maintenance, plus a minimum of two (2) years of experience in a management/supervisory capacity in a unionized environment. The incumbent must demonstrate sufficient technical and interpersonal skills to successfully meet the expectations of this position.
The recruitment process requires a criminal background check for work with vulnerable persons.
Please note it is the responsibility of the applicant to ensure that the application is received by Human Resources on or before the deadline date.
If you were educated outside of Canada, you must have your certificates and/or diplomas or degrees assessed against Canadian education standards. This will enable you to provide proof of Canadian equivalency when applying for a job. The Alliance of Credential Evaluation Services of Canada is a membership organization that offers fair and credible academic credential assessment services in Canada. (NOTE: This is different from translating credentials into English).
Please use the "APPLY FOR THIS POSITION" link below to submit your electronic application. Only applications submitted using this link will be considered.
If you have a disability that requires an accommodation to assist you with any aspect of the hiring process, please contact the Staffing Specialist listed below for assistance.
A. Torchia, Staffing Specialist, Human Resources
We thank all applicants, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
- Working knowledge of collective agreements, policies and procedures, and pertinent government legislative acts, codes and regulations
- Understanding of Facility computer programs such as Computerized Maintenance Management System (CMMS), Building Automation System (BAS) and Finance Systems (K212)
- Familiarity with Return to Work (RTW) processes
- Knowledge of various operational, system, and maintenance processes such as HVAC, heat pumps, boilers, cooling towers, electric, plumbing, security, fire systems, and general equipment
- Proficient in computer applications such as Outlook 365, MS Office Suite, etc.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with effective communication skills, both orally and in writing
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a team