Change a life with life changing work!
Join ONE CARE and be part of a collaborative team where we pride ourselves on the quality of our programs, excellence in service delivery, and our reputation as an innovator and leader in the local community.
ONE CARE Home & Community Support Services is a community based, charitable, Not-For-Profit health organization providing supportive care to families in Huron and Perth Counties as well as the surrounding area.
We are currently seeking a permanent full-time (37.5 hours per week) Accounting & Payroll Lead.
This position is mostly work from home, with the ability to be on site as needed.
Reporting to the Supervisor, Business Intelligence & Finance the Accounting and Payroll Lead is responsible for the coordination of all day to day accounting and payroll functions as well as completing monthly reconciliations and reviews to confirm that the General Ledger is accurate and current. The Accounting & Payroll Lead assists the Payroll Coordinator with weekly payroll processing, as well as Accounts Receivable and Payable duties.
- Ensure completion and accuracy of all information in the general ledger through internal audit processes including bank and general ledger reconciliations.
- Lead and coordinate the external audit preparation and process.
- Oversee the records and reconciliation of donations and fundraising and ensure compliance with charitable and other requirements.
- Oversee the records and reconciliation of other funding and grants and ensure compliance with the requirement of the funder.
- Coordinate all functions within accounting and payroll to ensure that appropriate planning and support is in place to ensure that fiscal periods are closed within a timely manner.
- Provide back up to all accounting and payroll functions as needed and ensure written procedures are in place for processes.
- Work closely with the Financial Accountant to ensure accurate financial records and reporting.
- Actively seek and participate in cost reduction, efficiency and process improvement initiatives.
- University or College Degree in Accounting or equivalent.
- Three to five years experience in accounting.
- Prior experience with payroll administration an asset
- Advanced proficiency in Microsoft Excel and other related applications
- Excellent ability to manage and prioritize tasks and ensure deadlines are met.
To apply for this position please send resumes quoting job title to email@example.com
Please note that due to the COVID-19 pandemic and in the interest of the health and safety of our employees and clients ONE CARE requires that all new hires of ONE CARE provide verification with an approved Health Canada COVID-19 vaccine in accordance with our Agency policies and procedures.
Accommodation will be provided in all parts of the recruitment and assessment process as required. Applicants are advised to make any needs known in advance.