The London District Catholic School Board has a reputation for excellence, with more than 3,800 employees working together to educate approximately 26,000 students at 43 elementary schools, 9 secondary schools and the Centre for Lifelong Learning within Middlesex, Oxford, and Elgin counties, including the cities of London, St. Thomas, Strathroy, and Woodstock.
Applications are invited for the position of:
Association of Business Professionals (Non-Union Employee Group)
PERMANENT - FULL TIME 1.0 FTE
In-person at the CEC, opportunity to move to Hybrid
Salary range (commensurate with experience)
Group 4, $64,543 to $73,342
Reporting to the Supervisor of Financial Services, this position will be responsible for providing accounting, administrative and clerical services associated with inputting, summarizing, and reporting of financial information. This position assists with departmental priorities as well as recommending improvements to existing routines and functions within Financial Services. The Finance Associate ensures accurate accounting records are maintained for all receipts and disbursements of the Board. Duties include preparing a variety of journal entries, performing complex accounting tasks, applying accepted processes and procedures to the preparation, a maintenance of Financial Services records. The Finance Associate supports the processing of all financial transactions and reports for Southwestern Ontario Student Transportation Services (STS).
Qualifications and Skills required:
Applications must include a cover letter and resume, documented proof of qualification, and the names and contact information of two professional references, one of whom is your immediate supervisor.
- Post-secondary accounting diploma or certificate
- Minimum 2 years in a computerized business environment
- Experience with a school board or other public-sector organization is preferred.
- Solid understanding of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP)
- Strong reconciliation skills including intercompany transactions and balancing
- Experience processing US and Canadian transactions
- Advanced understanding of, and skills using, financial information systems and MS Office
- Working knowledge of various Accounting Systems, especially Sparkrock, is an asset
- Experience with Purchasing System is an asset
- Experience in bookkeeping, and data analysis
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
- Ability to multitask; Excellent time management skills with focusing on accuracy and attention to details
- Excellent interpersonal, written, and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work independently in an organized manner, and collaboratively in a team-based environment
- Demonstrate process improvement initiatives
- Demonstrated professional ethic and sensitivity to the confidential nature of the position.
Submit applications by 4:00 pm on February 22, 2024
The London District Catholic schools exist to provide an educational atmosphere which fosters and directs the spiritual, intellectual, physical, and social growth of all our students to enable them to live and contribute as responsible Catholics in any society. Hiring a diverse workforce will best serve our students and promote an inclusive environment. The London District Catholic School Board is committed to equity and inclusion in the recruitment of qualified staff who reflect and support the diverse perspective and experiences and needs of our students and school communities. All hiring decisions will be fair, consistent, transparent, and made in accordance with applicable laws, including the Ontario Human Rights Code and the school board collective agreements.
The London District Catholic School Board is committed to providing accommodations. If you require accommodation to enable your participation in the interview & selection process, we will work with you to meet your needs. Please advise the Board when contacted for an interview.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
V. Romeo, Director G. Pizzuti, Chair