||Feb 03, 2021
Renaissance Personnel is a full service agency recruiting on behalf of our client in Newbury Ontario. The role of Operations Manager will be a direct hire commencing in March 2021
Our client was founded in 1988 and has become an innovative and progressive company producing a premium product that is distributed through the major health food distributors in Canada and the U.S.
The ideal candidate will have strong leadership ability to lead people, build effective teams and manage all aspects of production.
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience in a manufacturing environment.
- Experience in the food manufacturing industry is a strong asset.
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in a Supervisory Role.
- College diploma in food science or manufacturing engineering.
- Familiarity with Health & Safety procedures, and Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP). Training in HACCP an asset.
- Technical skills – electrical and mechanical, including computer controls and hydraulics an asset.
- Familiarity with highly automated process/packaging technology is an asset.
- Able to drive small truck, Class G licence, up to 11,000 kg.
- Working knowledge of MS Word, Excel and Outlook would be beneficial.
- Must be available for 12 hour shifts during harvest season, any of the 3 shifts, including weekends.
- Must be able to grasp the bigger picture, be a proactive decision-maker who interacts well with others, adept at leading and motivating a team.
- Must have excellent interpersonal, organizational and communication skills.
Location: Newbury, ON (West of London)
- Ensure production schedules are met while maintaining and improving safety and quality.
- Co-ordinate the various department schedules, products and manpower to ensure that the production in the plant runs smoothly.
- Work to ensure all employees are properly trained, proper methods and procedures are being used and that quality, safety, environment standards are being met (SOP’s, GMP’s, HACCP), following up with regular inspections.
- Scheduling, forecasting changes and demands and resolving production and manpower challenges.
- Work to establish a positive labour environment.
- Give work direction to production personnel. Recognize and communicate problems affecting production, including staffing, quality and schedules to the Director of Operations.
- Work to improve production efficiencies through effective communication while maintaining respect, rapport, and encouragement to staff and management.
- Monitor materials inventory ensuring sufficient supplies are on hand.
- Report production activity results on a daily basis during production.
- Maintaining of equipment. Communicate with Maintenance Personnel and external service contractors to determine repairs, maintenance or replacement of equipment. Ensure maintenance and repairs are attended to promptly.
- Oversee and assist production services and engineering services with the installation and testing of equipment, methods and/or products.
- Work together with Director of Operations in researching technological innovations.
- Liaison with farmers regarding the supply of wheatgrass crops required for the production goals of the company.
- Assist production from time to time by working on the various production teams during breaks, taking the opportunity to learn first-hand the operations and machines. In the event of absentees where no replacement is available, temporarily fill a position.
- Some shuttling of product within Ontario storage and processing centres.
- HPP processing work, loading, unloading, maintaining records.
- Assist Finance in forecasting, capital and expense budgets, and provide effective management of materials inventory.
- Responsible for completing the forms for organic certification.
- Possible opportunity to assist a related company in various tasks according to skillsets and aptitude.
- Attend meetings with company Director of Operations regarding production.
- Attend training as directed by the Director of Operations on such things as sanitation, food safety, employee safety, HACCP, etc. The cost for such training will be paid by the company.
Salary: $52,000 - $55,000 per year
Please send cover letter and resume via email or fax. email@example.com or 519-471-0199
We thank all candidates who apply, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Renaissance Personnel will provide accommodations for applicants with disabilities throughout the recruitment process.