||Sep 10, 2020
The Municipality of Strathroy-Caradoc – Full-Time Job Opportunity
Roads / Heavy Equipment Operator (Unionized)
The Municipality of Strathroy-Caradoc is looking for someone who shares our values of teamwork, respect, honesty and commitment. You will be joining a team of dedicated, professional and committed co-workers, willing to go the extra mile to serve residents and ratepayers. Our mission is to lead and serve our communities by pursuing opportunities, leveraging partnerships and managing our resources to achieve growth. The bar is set high, but we strive to reach it together.
If you are looking for an opportunity to learn and grow and promote positive change in a friendly, safe environment, we’d love to hear from you!
Strathroy-Caradoc… Urban Opportunity, Rural Hospitality.
The Municipality of Strathroy-Caradoc Engineering & Public Works department is currently accepting applications for one (1) full-time permanent “Roads / Heavy Equipment Operator.”
Reporting to the Manager of Public Works, the Roads / Heavy Equipment Operator carries out a variety of duties related to the maintenance and construction of municipal roadways, bridges, drainage, right-of-way elements, and signage including operating and maintaining equipment.
As a member of the Municipal team, each employee is responsible for serving the citizens of Strathroy-Caradoc by meeting the ratepayers’ needs and expectations, as articulated by Council, by striving to be the best in everything we do through attitude, training and creativity, and for representing the Municipality as a strong, integrated organization dedicated to quality, sustainable and viable services.
- Minimum OSSD or equivalent education or experience
- Must have a Class “D” driver’s licence or equivalent with “Z” endorsement and a clean driving record
- Must be willing to work flexible and sometimes long hours. Must be available to be on call as required
- Three (3) years experience operating road maintenance equipment is preferred. Must be prepared to take the necessary courses to become qualified to operate all department equipment
- Completion of T.J. Mahony and/or C.S. Anderson courses an asset
- High mechanical aptitude required
- Proficient with Computerized Work Flow and Reporting including mobile maintenance management systems, Work Orders, Time Sheets, and basic office systems including word processing, and spreadsheets. Database skills also an asset
- Arborist training and experience an asset
- Welding and metal fabricating skills an asset
- Excellent customer service, communication and interpersonal skills
- Maintain a positive public image working with or in view of the general public
- Provide a satisfactory Criminal Record Check prior to starting employment
To view full job description please visit www.strathroy-caradoc.ca
Wage: $24.65 per hour increasing to $27.39 per hour upon successful completion of the probationary period (per the Collective Agreement)
Benefits: Comprehensive benefits package and participation in the OMERS pension plan
Qualified candidates are invited to e-mail their cover letter and resume by 4:30pm Thursday, September 24th, 2020 to:
We thank all applicants but only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Personal information is collected in accordance with the Municipal Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act and will be used only for employment purposes. The Municipality of Strathroy-Caradoc is an equal opportunity employer. Accommodations are available for all parts of the recruitment process. Applicants need to make their needs known in advance.
Date Posted: September 10, 2020