Sofina Foods is one of Canada’s leading manufacturers of primary and further processed protein products for retail and foodservice customers as well as international markets. We manufacture pork, beef, turkey, chicken and fish products. Our family of brands include: Cuddy, Lilydale, Janes, Mastro, San Daniele, Fletcher’s, Vienna, Riserva and Zamzam.
We are also the exclusive distributor of Italy’s finest Rio Mare, Lavazza and San Benedetto products in Canada.
Our Burlington facility is looking for full time, permanent, employees to join our team of almost 1000 passionate people who are #Sofinaproud. At Sofina’s largest plant, we are working hard to offer quality pork products for the Canadian market.
We offer opportunities to hone key skills such as: accuracy, speed and critical thinking. There is no limit to the opportunities for progression at Sofina Foods. If this sounds exciting to you, come & work with us!
We are committed to providing employees with a safe work environment, secured by screening protocols and protective equipment so that health and safety is always a top priority. Join the Sofina Foods family and start your new career today!
- Cut/remove specific meat sections
- Remove any demerits from product
- Slaughter hogs and remove viscera and other parts from carcasses
- Remove bones from meat
- Remove hair and singe and wash hogs to prepare for further processing or packaging
- Cut pork carcasses or sides or quarters of carcasses into primal cuts for further cutting, processing, or packaging
- Trim meat to Company specifications
- Proper knife hold technique depending on cut;
- Experience making the following cuts: dressing hogs, side rib removal from bellies, remove tenderloin, remove neck bones, trim loins and de-bone loins;
- Ability to properly stone and steel to ensure a sharp knife;
- Experience with the following tools: scabbard, hook, draw knife, 3-6” knives, sharpening steel and stone.
If your application appears to meet our basic requirements, you will be asked to attend a video interview where we will assess your knife abilities, to see whether they meet Sofina's requirements for this position.
Ability to lift up to 30 pounds is required;
Ability to stand for extended hours;
Comfortable working in a Pork processing facility, handling raw meat;
Comfortable in either a cold or warm environment;
Must be able to communicate and understand English;
Criminal background check;
Overtime may be required.
Start time: 6:00 AM or 6:20 AM, Monday- Friday;
Frequent overtime available; Hourly rate: $22.00 - $22.40, annual increase as per the CBA
$1,000 referral bonus for each successful referral;
Monthly perfect attendance bonus. Up to $2000 extra a year!
Full benefits, per collective agreement, (health, dental and vision) after probation;
Pension plan, disability insurance, life insurance, AD&D and weekly indemnity plans
On site cafeteria
Along a bus route and next to the Appleby GO station;
Gain valuable skills: speed, accuracy, technical excellence;
Steady, long term career at an established Canadian company!
Essential work in an industry that has prospered in recent years
– Location: 821 Appleby Line, Burlington, ON, L7L 4w9
– Phone: 905-637-2301
– Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
– Fax: 905-333-2948
– Required: 100 Butchers