TEMPORARY FULL TIME
The Health Centre seeks a Diabetes Educator committed to providing high quality education and healthcare services to people living with diabetes, as well as people who are at risk of developing diabetes. The Diabetes Educator works as a member of a multidisciplinary team supported by physicians, nurse practitioners, social workers, community development workers and support staff. In this role, the Diabetes Educator will provide diabetes education counselling, community outreach and health promotion to individuals, families and the community.
WHAT’S IN IT FOR YOU?
- A competitive salary
- 100% employer-paid health and dental benefits
- Participation in the Healthcare of Ontario Pension Plan (HOOPP)
- Paid sick and emergency time to tend to self and family care
- Paid vacation time
- We invite applications from both Registered Nurses and Registered Dietitians who have, or are working towards the Certified Diabetes Educator credential, however given our current need, preference will be given to those who have a nursing background
- Minimum 3 years of experience in diabetes care
- Experience developing and following diabetes care plans with MD/NP in clinic
- Experience facilitating individual and group education sessions
- Awareness and understanding of the social determinants of health, health promotion and adult education principles
- Ability to work with diverse communities with respect, sensitivity, creativity, innovation, cultural understanding and non-judgement
- Excellent written and oral communication and interpersonal skills
- Strong computer skills, including the use of MS Office Products and Electronic Medical Records (Telus Practice Solutions Suite currently in use)
- French and other language skills are considered an asset in supporting the communities we serve
Submissions will be accepted until end of day January 29, 2023
Applicants are encouraged to learn more about the Health Centre and explore our web presence by visiting us online at www.lihc.on.ca, following us on Twitter @HealthCentre or liking us on Facebook – London InterCommunity Health Centre. Even if you don’t meet every requirement listed here, we still want to hear from you!
Due to the vulnerability of our client populations and the need for reliable attendance, it is a condition of employment that the successful candidate submit proof of full COVID-19 vaccination to Human Resources.
The Health Centre is committed to hiring staff that reflect the diversity of the clients and community that we serve.
Should you require an accommodation in making an application, please contact our office. We thank all applicants for their interest, only those selected will be contacted.
For more than 30 years, the London InterCommunity Health Centre has provided health and social services to those who experience barriers to care including poverty, homelessness, language or culture, and complex and/or chronic health conditions including mental health and addictions. Today, with four busy clinics in three of London’s most under-served regions, the organization is viewed as a community leader in newcomer health, care of marginalized women, issues of health equity, client-led service development and the advancement of partnerships that improve access to vital services for people who are at the margins in our community.