Junior IT Technical Support - Position Available!
KENT & ESSEX MUTUAL INSURANCE
is currently seeking a hard-working Junior IT Specialist, to join our innovative and
passionate team in Chatham-Kent, Ontario. This is an amazing opportunity to join our team early in your career, to gain
some experience while working collaboratively with a team of experienced IT Specialists (suitable but not limited to recent
About the Role
The candidate chosen for this position will be responsible for the day-to-day technical support, administration, and
maintenance of end-user systems as level 1 and/or level 2 Help Desk support. The candidate will take part in the
implementation, deployment, installation, maintenance, documentation, and optimization of IT infrastructure. The
candidate should have initiative, demonstrate eagerness, meet deadlines and be autonomous. The candidate must have a
strong aptitude for customer service, be patient and able to communicate technical information to users with varying
technical skill levels.
Skills & Requirements
- Hardware and software installation, inventory, maintenance and troubleshooting as per IT management direction and in compliance with company policy.
- Assisting staff with submitted trouble tickets, escalating to, and collaborating with senior IT team members on confidential and time sensitive requests and projects.
- Maintaining confidentiality and security in all aspects of systems and information.
Assets (have or are willing to learn)
- Post-secondary education in computer science or a related field, or an equivalent combination of education and experience with one (1) year of relevant work experience in a Windows environment.
- Ability to communicate effectively, in English, both verbally and in written form.
- Proactive, analytical thinking, ability to synthesize complex or diverse information, collect and research data.
- Good organizational skills, ability to prioritize, punctual, reliable, and self-reliant.
- Ability to lift and maneuver heavy equipment as needed.
- Maintain a high degree of integrity and confidentiality.
- Ability to deal effectively and professionally in a rapidly changing business environment.
- The drive and discipline to constantly learn new things.
- Linux and Windows operating systems, Active Directory and Microsoft Office
- Deployment and configuration of software
- Virtualization Technologies (VMWare vSphere, etc.)
- Networking/Security Services (routing, firewalls, VLANs, VoIP, etc.)
- Services Management (databases, mail exchangers, web services, etc.)
- Server Hardware
- Programming and SQL query knowledge
Appropriate accommodations will be provided upon request throughout the hiring process as required under the
Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA).
Kent & Essex Mutual is a progressive company that believes in giving back to our community, ongoing development for our
team, and we provide a competitive compensation package. Learn more about us by visiting www.kemutual.com
applicants should apply in confidence to Human Resources by March 3, 2021 via email to email@example.com