||Jan 12, 2021
MAINTENANCE SUPERVISOR, PROJECT CREW
JOB TITLE: Maintenance Supervisor, Project Crew (3 pm - 11pm, subject to review)
SALARY RANGE: $71,804-$94,958 (pending review)
HIRING RANGE: $71,804-$91,646 (pending review)
DATE OF VACANCY: As soon as possible
APPLICATION DEADLINE: 2021 January 21
The Maintenance Supervisor, Project Crew, Facility Services, provides leadership to maintenance staff, managing small renovation projects (example office renovations, etc.) from inquiry through to completion. Working with other members of the Facility Services team, this role also directly supports the relocation of portable classrooms, by ensuring effective and efficient delivery of service through disassembly, reassembly, and commissioning of units as necessary. The incumbent is accountable for supervising staff and contractors, inspecting ongoing work, ensuring proper planning and organization, while adhering to project budgets and complying with all provincial codes, regulations, and bylaws to protect against injury, facility damage and school day losses.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
The position requires frequent use of the employee’s personal vehicle for travel to Board sites. All applicable travel is reimbursed according to Board policy and procedures using the Board’s posted mileage rate.
QUALIFICATIONS: Completion of three (3) year degree or diploma in building construction or engineering or equivalent, or completion of a two (2) year diploma in building construction or engineering or equivalent combined with a valid recognized licensed trade certification. Three (3) years of related work experience, including a minimum of two (2) years’ experience supervising staff or leading work teams preferably in a unionized environment.
- Accomplish project results by defining purpose and scope; calculating resources required; establishing standards and protocols; allocating resources; scheduling and coordinating staff and contractors; resolving problems.
- Monitor each stage of the construction process, including the conceptual stage, site analysis, schematic design/design development, and evaluating and implementing changes to scope.
- Accomplish human resource objectives by selecting, orientating, training, assigning, scheduling, coaching, counseling, and managing employee performance; communicating job expectations; planning, monitoring, accessing job performance; adhering to policies and procedures.
- Maintain excellent communication with coworkers, staff and stakeholders and act with integrity, trust, respect.
- Provide superior customer service to all stakeholders by establishing and maintaining effective working relationships, understanding needs, and ensuring effective communication while designating appropriate resources to allow for the efficient resolution of issues to minimize adverse impacts to students and staff.
- Foster and maintain constructive relationships with union officials and staff through consistent application of relevant policies, collective agreements and employment legislation.
- Monitor and effectively administer the assigned budget, monitoring expenditures, identifying variances, and implementing corrective actions to prevent reoccurrence. Approve vendor invoices and expenditures made by Maintenance staff.
- Maintain safe, secure, and healthy work environment by following and enforcing standards and adherence to all policies, procedures and codes, including the safe operation and maintenance of all vehicles and equipment
- Meets operational standards by contributing to strategic plans and reviews; implementing production, productivity, quality, and customer-service standards; resolving problems and identifying improvements.
- Updates job knowledge by tracking and understanding emerging practices and standards; participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; and participating in professional organizations.
- Enhances the organizational reputation by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests, exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments.
- Provide after-hours assistance as required.
- Work on special projects from time to time as requested by the Senior Supervisor, Facility Services - Maintenance or delegate.
The recruitment process requires a criminal background check for work with vulnerable persons.
Please note it is the responsibility of the applicant to ensure that the application is received by Human Resources on or before the deadline date.
If you were educated outside of Canada, you must have your certificates and/or diplomas or degrees assessed against Canadian education standards. This will enable you to provide proof of Canadian equivalency when applying for a job. The Alliance of Credential Evaluation Services of Canada is a membership organization that offers fair and credible academic credential assessment services in Canada. (NOTE: This is different from translating credentials into English).
Please use the "APPLY FOR THIS POSITION" link below to submit your electronic application. Only applications submitted using this link will be considered.
If you have a disability that requires an accommodation to assist you with any aspect of the hiring process, please contact the Staffing Specialist listed below for assistance.
A. Torchia, Staffing Specialist, Human Resources
We thank all applicants, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.