||Aug 27, 2020
To help drive our Global Finance Team initiatives, we are looking for a full-time Accounts Payable Associate to join our Finance team. The essential function of this position is the maintenance of vendor accounts, including ensuring the validity of all charges to the company through receiving, processing, verifying and reconciling all vendor invoices.
- Completes payments and controls expenses by receiving, processing, verifying, and reconciling invoices;
- Reconciles processed work by verifying entries and comparing system reports to balances;
- Charges expenses to accounts and cost centers by analyzing invoice/expense reports and recording entries;
- Pays vendors by monitoring discount opportunities, scheduling and preparing payments, and resolving purchase order, contract, invoice, or payment discrepancies and documentation;
- Pays employees by receiving and verifying expense reports and requests for advances; preparing payments; includes auditing expense reports and analyzing spend for trends
- Maintains accounting ledgers by verifying and posting account transactions.
- Verifies vendor accounts and vendor files by reconciling monthly statements and related transactions;
- Reports sales taxes by calculating requirements on paid invoices;
- Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities;
- Accomplishes accounting and organization mission by participating in AP Team Daily Management - expectation to foster continuous improvement and drive efficiencies through process improvements and/or enhancing automation
- Assist in measuring and driving DPO (Working Capital) improvements - working closely with procurement, developing an action plan, and working alongside to execute plan
- Assists others in Finance as required (e.g. Tax, Financial Reporting, etc.)
- Other duties as assigned
Critical competencies/leadership anchors:
- Quality First – The ability to plan and execute work that is accurate, complete, timely and reliable. Integrity is never compromised.
- Teamwork – The ability to work collaboratively with customers, suppliers and fellow associates at all levels towards mutual objectives. Maintains a blameless environment by focusing on issues rather than seeking to find who is at fault.
- Acts with a sense of urgency
- Results Orientation – Has the ability to drive results in the short and long term
- Customer Focus – Builds and sustains positive and collaborative relationships with customers (internally and externally)
- Adapting to change – Has the ability to effectively adapt to work in an environment of change, uncertainty and ambiguity.
- 3+ years of demonstrated Accounts Payable experience
- College degree/diploma, preferably in accounting or business administration
- Proven problem solving, organization, documentation, research, analysis and resolution skills
- Ability to work independently and with a team in a rapidly changing environment with emphasis on accuracy and timeliness
- Demonstrated proficiency with MS-Office products, including intermediate Excel experience (pivot tables, v/h-lookups, if-statements)
The above are not intended to be an all-inclusive list of the duties, responsibilities and requirements of the job described. Rather, they are intended to describe the general nature of the job.
**If Interested in this position please apply via our website at https://www.trojantechnologies.com > About > Careers**
Trojan Technologies provides support in its recruitment processes to applicants with disabilities, including accommodation that takes into account an applicant's accessibility needs. Candidates requiring accommodation during the recruitment process are asked to contact Human Resources at 519-457-3400