At the Thames Valley District School Board, our employees support our mission statement: We Build Each Student's Tomorrow, Every Day, by putting the needs of students first. Our success depends upon hiring people who will help us implement our strategic commitments.
We hire talented people who have new and innovative ideas that will provide the best educational experience for our students; who demonstrate respect for students, each other, and all members of the community; and understand, support and promote equity and diversity, and safe, positive and inclusive working and learning environments.
If you share our goals and values, and have the talent that we need to meet our commitments, we want to hear from you.
Under the direction of the Maintenance Leader, the Electrician is responsible for:
- Performing skilled electrical-related work within board facilities, including the implementation, installation, maintenance, repairs, inspections and troubleshooting of electrical power distribution systems, electrical equipment, end devices and other related processes at a variety of locations;
- Ensuring work is performed in a safe and effective manner.
- Conducting the duties of an Electrician as laid out by the Ontario College of Trades and Apprenticeship Act and in accordance with the Ontario Electrical Code and By-Laws to protect against injury, facility damage and school day losses.
*The incumbent is required to keep up to date on all licenses and in special areas and developments in the electrical sector.
- Completion of Ontario College of Trades Electrician – Construction and Maintenance (309A) Program (or Provincial/Territorial equivalent with Red Seal Endorsement (RSE))
- Certified and Registered Electrician - Construction and Maintenance (309A) as recognized by the Ontario College of Trades (or Provincial/Territorial equivalent with Red Seal Endorsement (RSE))
- Valid Ontario Drivers’ License
- Certified and Registered Fire Alarm Technician as recognized by the Canadian Fire Alarm Association.
- Five (5) years previous work-related experience working as an Electrician in a large commercial, industrial or institutional setting.
RATE OF PAY: $30.53 per hour
HOURS: 3:00pm to 11:00pm with a ½ hour unpaid lunch
APPLICATION DEADLINE: January 15, 2021
The recruitment process requires a criminal background check for work with vulnerable persons and pre-employment medical screening tests.
If you were educated outside of Canada, you must have your certificates and/or diplomas or degrees assessed against Canadian education standards. This will enable you to provide proof of Canadian equivalency when applying for a job. The Alliance of Credential Evaluation Services of Canada is a membership organization that offers fair and credible academic credential assessment services in Canada. (NOTE: This is different from translating credentials into English).
Please note that it is the responsibility of the applicant to ensure that the application is received by Human Resource Services on or before the deadline date.
Please use the "APPLY FOR THIS POSITION" link below to submit your electronic application. Only applications submitted using this link will be considered.
If you have a disability that requires an accommodation to assist you with any aspect of the hiring process, please contact the Staffing Specialist listed below for assistance.
We thank all applicants, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
L.Ham, Staffing Specialist, Support Staff, Human Resources