Maintenance Technician - Cargill - Woodstock
Tuesday, November 6, 2018
CAREERS AT CARGILL
Cargill provides food, agriculture, financial and industrial products and services to the world. Together with farmers, customers, governments and communities, we help people thrive by applying our insights and over 150 years of experience. We have 150,000 employees in 70 countries who are committed to feeding the world in a responsible way, reducing environmental impact and improving the communities where we live and work.
As the Maintenance Technician in our Woodstock union plant, your primary job requirement is to oversee & implement the plant maintenance program. Included are the repair, replacement, lubrication and inspection of parts or equipment in production and around the facility. The position is for Afternoons but shift rotation may be required to meet training and vacation needs.
- Possess an Millwright trade certification or millwright apprentice
- Practical ‘hands on’ experience in a manufacturing/agricultural environment
- Possess basic knowledge of industrial safety, food safety and environmental regulations with absolute commitment to safety
- Self-starter with ability to work effectively and lead within a team environment
- Strong problem solving skills, good written and verbal communication skills
- Strong work ethic and a desire to be part of a high-performing team
- Knowledge of the Maintenance Reliability process (predictive and preventative maintenance) and Predictive Technologies
- Requires rotating on-call weekends, occasional shift rotation, holidays, overtime and additional hours beyond regularly scheduled shift for occasional emergency or planned routine maintenance
- Must be able and willing to work from heights, work outside in various weather conditions, inside the plant, in confined spaces, in dusty conditions and in a potentially physically strenuous environment
- Must be legally entitled to work for Cargill in Canada
To Apply: https://www.cargill.com/careers/hourly-production search job number WOO00230
Cargill encourages applications from persons with disabilities and we are committed to providing accommodations upon request. Your interest in this opportunity is appreciated. If you require accommodation please firstname.lastname@example.org. Only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.