This posting has expired and applications are no longer being received and this job does not show up on the main job list.
||Dec 30, 2020
||College Diploma (2 years)
Nimkee NupiGawagan Healing Centre (NNHC) is a leading holistically based residential treatment centre in addictions, solvent use and abuse for all youth from Indigenous communities nationally. The seven Grandfather teachings form the cornerstone for our program: Respect, Love, Honesty, Bravery, Humility, Wisdom and Truth. The benefits for participants are empowerment, inner discipline and belief in self.
Under the direction of the Executive Director, the Bookkeeper is responsible for accurate, efficient administration of all financial activities and general administrative services for the organization. Duties include payroll, bookkeeping, accounts payable and accounts receivable, banking, records management, purchasing, budget and financial reporting and overall clerical support. As the Bookkeeper, you will need the ability to manage multiple priorities, meet deadlines as well as demonstrate excellent organizational, and effective interpersonal skills.
Abstainer with at least three years continuous sobriety is a requirement by organizational policy
Education & Experience
- Post-secondary Degree or Diploma in Business, Accounting or Finance
- 2 years of practical experience in Accounting with a detailed understanding of the various processes
- Understanding of relevant legislation; standard policies and procedures
- Focused on quality, accuracy and efficiency
- Computer skills in Microsoft Office suite, ADP payroll, QuickBooks, HRIS software
- Superior planning, problem solving, project management and organizational skills
- Effective communication skills (both written and oral)
- Skilled in data collection, analysis and reporting
- Able to work independently and contribute as a team player
- Positive attitude, able to demonstrate emotional intelligence and strong interpersonal skills
- Values driven, ethical and respect confidentiality
- Policy development, grant application and records management experience
- Fluency in First Nations language is an asset, Indigenous ancestry preferred
- Knowledge and awareness of cultural, and traditional teaching, universal to First Nations peoples preferred
- Ability to handle conflict and other difficult situations fairly, objectively, and consistently
All applications are confidential. Only those applicants applying with a detailed resume, cover letter and three written work references will be accepted. While your interest in Nimkee Nupigawagan is appreciated, only those applicants being given further consideration will be contacted.
- Successful Vulnerable Sector Security Check
- Must have a valid Ontario Driver’s License, a clear driving transcript and reliable transportation
Interested applicants should apply by the closing date of
January 29, 2021 at 4pm to: