||Jul 20, 2020
Electrical Engineers with experience in the design of complex electrical systems for industrial and manufacturing facilities: here’s an opportunity to fast track your career growth as a key part of a creative, collaborative team.
Our client in Windsor, Ontario, is seeking a Senior Electrical Design Engineer to support a diverse portfolio of current and existing projects based throughout Southwestern Ontario and Michigan.
In this role, you’ll be responsible for…
• Completing fit-for-purpose designs that meet or exceed the client’s needs and requests
• Preparing quality reports and calculation packages as project deliverables
• Collaborating with supervising engineers/designers/project managers on a variety of projects to complete highly detailed design drawings and ensure the project is executed as per plan
• Reviewing and checking all assigned project electrical installation drawings for compliance with all company and project instructions
• Operating CAD and design software/equipment to perform engineering tasks
• Designing, implementing, maintaining, and improving electrical instruments, equipment, facilities, components, products, and systems for commercial, industrial and domestic clients
• Performing assessments for clients to identify potential energy saving projects and assisting in the preparation of business cases for investment in energy efficiency
• Performing detailed calculations (in accordance with the relevant Canadian, American, and International Standards) to compute and establish manufacturing, construction, and installation standards and specifications; preparing specifications for purchase of materials and equipment
In order to be considered for this position, you must possess the following…
• Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering
• P.Eng with Professional Engineers Ontario (a P.E in Michigan would be considered a significant asset)
• Proficiency with/exposure to;
-> Power modeling software (ETAP, EasyPower, and/or SKM).
-> Design/drafting capability would be considered an asset (AutoCAD, MicroStation, Revit).
-> Lighting system software utilization.
• 7+ years’ experience in industrial and/or facility engineering with specific experience in one or more of the following areas:
-> Electrical infrastructure and power distribution (up to 25kV systems).
-> System engineering (process control and instrumentation design).
-> Lighting design and modelling.
-> Communication system engineering (Fibre optic, Ethernet, Radio, etc.).
• Demonstrated knowledge of relevant electrical codes, safety and environmental legislation and regulations
• Advanced computer skills in Microsoft Office Software including Project
• Experience creating Bid documents, focusing on scope creation
• Some controls work experience (PLC, HMI)
• Eligibility to apply for a TN Visa/ability and willingness to travel internationally.
Want to learn more? Apply online, or email your resume in confidence to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Application Contact Information