Southwestern Public Health prides itself on the flexible work environment that employees have come to appreciate and value. SWPH is a workplace where employees are integral to the research, planning, collaborative efforts and delivery of programs and services.
Southwestern Public Health is a community focused organization that values our people. Through our work and our commitment to leading the way in protection and promotion of health for all in the communities we serve, we continue to build on our strategic direction of building an organizational culture of innovation and leadership. As an integral part of our Corporate Services & Human Resources team, this position will provide you with an opportunity to excel, grow in your leadership, collaborate, and connect with exceptional colleagues and staff in the work that you do. As an organization that is defined by our shared leadership experience, the regular full-time Human Resources Advisor, will work with and support our outstanding supervisors and exceptional frontline public health staff. As an organization that values employee wellness and flexibility in the work, the successful candidate will support the HR strategy and provide advice and coaching to assigned groups of employees and management.
As a member of the Corporate Services & Human Resources team, we want to ensure that the internal clients we serve have the right information, knowledge and support to make the decisions that continue to ensure we live up to our mission, vision and values. Through counsel and support to individuals on work related matters, and support through dynamic and interconnect HR projects, this is an ideal position to learn, grown and be a part of a team dedicated to excellence and celebrating our successes.
As a prospective candidate, you will bring:
- Successful completion of a Bachelor’s degree in a related human resource management field of study from a post-secondary education institution that is recognized by the province of Ontario
- Maintenance/Progress towards a Certified Human Resources Professional (CHRP) designation in good standing
- Minimum of five (5) years experience working in human resource management and preferably in a multi-union environment
- Thorough knowledge of labour relation principles and working knowledge of employment related legislation, regulations and practices
- Experience in providing effective consultation towards labour and employee relations, including conflict and performance management
- Effective leadership attributes to motivate and develop a relationship with peers and individuals reporting to the position
- Ability to work independently as well as collaboratively with a wide range of professionals
- Proven ability to be a team player while leading and providing guidance and consultation to health unit leadership and staff
- Ability to promote the values of shared leadership and team collaboration
- A criminal reference check completed within the last six (6) months from a Canadian Police Information Centre (CPIC), inclusive of vulnerable sector screening, will be required of the successful candidate.
The compensation for this role has a starting rate of $34.81 per hour (based on a 35 hour work week) along with a comprehensive compensation package.
To apply to this position, please select "Apply Now" and submit your resume and cover letter in one document file.
Please note: new applicants will need to create an online account to apply.
Immunization Requirements: Provide documentation you have received two (2) doses of the Covid-19 vaccine, plus at least one booster dose, and acknowledgement to follow Southwestern Public Health's policies and processes related to COVID-19 management in the workplace.
Southwestern Public Health strives to meet the standards set out in the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA) Customer Service Regulation, and will support candidates to modify our recruitment and selection process, should there be a need to modify or remove barriers to accommodate those with disabilities, if requested. Should a candidate be contacted and require accommodation at any point throughout the recruitment and selection processes, please notify the Human Resources representative who has contacted you.