This posting has expired and applications are no longer being received and this job does not show up on the main job list.
||Aug 26, 2020
Canaccede Financial Group Ltd. and its subsidiaries are Canadian industry leaders in specialized investment and financial services products. Through our acquisition entities and our managing and servicing entity, Canaccede International Management Ltd., we have been working with large lenders and financial institutions in the acquisition and services of performing, insolvent and distressed receivables since 2008, and we are the largest multi-asset acquirer in the Canadian market.
We operate with an analytically driven philosophy that is always responsive to our client’s individual needs and circumstances. Our business proposition is to maximize value from acquired receivables in a cost-effective manner and provide integrated consumer finance solutions.
The entire team at Canaccede is forward-looking and has an open growth-oriented corporate culture that offers motivated employees the opportunity to learn and grow with it. We have offices in Toronto and London, Ontario.
The successful candidate will initially work from home and there is potential for the position to be a permanent work from home opportunity. While our ideal candidate would be based in London, the successful candidate will be in commuting distance to either of our locations to work in office, if/when necessary.
The Bookkeeper is responsible for performing a variety of general accounting support tasks in the Finance and Accounting Department. This includes reconciling bank accounts, managing bank deposits, maintaining the general ledger and preparing reports required for the completion of month-end financials. The Bookkeeper is also responsible for clerical tasks within the Finance and Accounting Department such as maintaining accounting records, enhancing bookkeeping procedures and filing documents.
This role is right for you if…
- You are looking for a role in a changing and growing company
- You pride yourself on your attention to detail
- You are comfortable with the month-end cycle of accounting
- You enjoy change and developing processes, but also understand that routine tasks are critical to complete
- You understand the importance and urgency of meeting deadlines
- You are comfortable with Excel at an intermediate level
- Want to be part of a team that works hard, celebrates victories and is constantly working to improve
- You have completed a post-secondary program in Business/Accounting
- Prepare and support the completion of journal entries, financial statements, reconciliations and reports in a timely manner
- Perform analytical reviews and reconciliation of all balance sheet accounts on a monthly basis, including the reconciliation of subsidiary ledgers to the general ledger
- Support day to day and month-end financial and accounting including monthly analysis of accounts, bank reconciliations, and monthly intercompany reconciliations
- Track fixed assets, calculating and updating amortization including tracking notes payable and Loan balances
- Prepare for, and be involved in, the internal and external audit process
- Set-up of wires and EFTs
- Support Accounting Administrator in resolving bank issues and investigating account discrepancies with collection agencies
- Communicate with collection agencies, debt sellers, lenders, and auditors as required
- Assist with special projects such as Due Diligence
- Assist in defining and/or enhancing bookkeeping policies and procedures
- Maintains historical records by filing documents
- Preparation of Electronic Working Paper Binders for review, approval and audit validation
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed
- Other duties as required
What’s great about working for Canaccede Financial Group?
- College diploma in Business Accounting or similar discipline
- Prior experience in multi-faceted corporation preferred
- Knowledge of accepted accounting rules, practices, tax laws, and reporting requirements
- Computer literate, including effective working skills of MS Word, Excel and MS Outlook
- Ability to adapt to and learn new software, such as Sage, MS Dynamics and SharePoint
- Ability to follow through and complete overlapping projects
- Ability to interpret and implement company policies and procedures
- Ability to build and maintain lasting relationships with corporate departments and key business partners
- Accuracy and attention to detail while working under tight deadlines
- Ability to work independently as well as within a team/group
Competitive total compensation structure, which includes: competitive base salary, annual bonus program, deferred profit sharing plan, group RRSP, 3 weeks’ paid vacation, paid sick days, company paid health, dental, vision, paramedical, life and travel insurance benefits, employee assistance program, and tuition reimbursement program.
While working from home we are sure to provide our employees with the systems necessary for long term success, which includes your performance and communication tools. We have also modified our onboarding process to help integrate you into the company even before your first day, and we will help connect you with all our current employees. Our Social Committee hosts virtual monthly activities, and we continue to find unique and fun ways to celebrate our successes while remote.
When it is safe for all employees to return to our offices you will get to enjoy our open concept work environment, which is ideal for collaboration and team building. Enjoy your lunch with your colleagues in our expansive lunchroom filled with windows, booths, and social tables. Our Social Committee coordinates fun events on a regular basis – both inside and outside of the office. These include holiday lunches, pub nights, contests, and a weekly lottery, just to name a few. We happily spend time celebrating our employees’ personal and work-related accomplishments with awards, company-wide recognition, and of course, cake.
We care about giving back to the London community. Each employee is provided with 1 paid day per year to volunteer at any registered charity of their choice. We also provide monthly donations to charities that are meaningful to our staff. So far, we have donated almost $25,000 for both local and national charities, all of which were selected by our employees.
Sound like a perfect fit for you? We think so too.
Canaccede Financial Group Ltd. welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. Requests for accommodation can be made via email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Additional accessibility information and contact information can be found on the company website at www.canaccede.com/accessible-customer-service
Qualified candidates are encouraged to submit a resume and cover letter to Angie Glasser, Director, Human Resources & Administration via email at email@example.com
Thank you for considering a career with Canaccede Financial Group. We will contact those who have been selected for an interview.