This posting has expired and applications are no longer being received and this job does not show up on the main job list.
||Jan 24, 2023
The Grand Erie District School Board’s 2,800 employees provide quality education to approximately 26,000 full-time equivalent students who attend our 72 schools. The Board spans a geographic area encompassing the City of Brantford and the Counties of Brant, Haldimand and Norfolk. The Board requires a qualified full-time HVAC Technician.
The HVAC Technician will troubleshoot, maintain, repair and perform diagnostics on a diverse range of HVAC equipment and mechanical devices including roof top units, chiller systems, cooling towers, boilers, heat pumps and all other related electrical components in a quick and efficient manner in an institutional setting and at numerous site locations. The successful candidate will perform general and specific equipment inspections and adhere to all safety rules and procedures and relevant regulatory requirements.
- A Gas Technician G1 certificate as relating to Ontario Regulation 212 made under the Technical Standards and Safety Act 2000 or be G2 certified willing and able to successfully complete G1 certification within 2 years required.
- Must have provincial Certificate of Qualification as a Refrigeration and Air Conditioning Mechanic (Ontario- 313A) which will be maintained by the applicant during the term of employment.
- Must have a valid ODP (Ozone Depletion Prevention) certificate
- Must possess a minimum of a Class G Driver’s License, which must be maintained by the applicant during the term of employment.
- Minimum of 3 years of field experience in service of water heaters and HVAC equipment required.
- Must have excellent oral, verbal and written communication skills and be able to discuss and present information to supervisors, principals, staff, and government agencies.
- Current computer skills to operate within a Microsoft Windows environment, access the internet, use the Board’s e-mail system, and with a willingness and ability to train to an operational level in the E-base work order system in a timely fashion is required.
- Must be knowledgeable and have the ability to understand and apply the Mechanical Refrigeration, Boiler, Gas and Buildings Codes.
- Must be able to read blue prints, work from sketches, estimate material and layout and install new equipment.
- Must be willing and able to work rotating shifts and standby duties as needed.
- Must be physically capable of performing all work required including occasional lifting of 15kg up to shoulder height, frequent bending, squatting and kneeling, working inside and outside in all types of weather.
- Must be punctual and dependable.
- Must wear Board approved uniform that is provided
- Must maintain Board vehicle to a neat, clean and safe standard.
- Additional qualifications, abilities and experience relative to the duties to be performed may be considered an asset when determining the award of this position.
All submissions are to include a complete cover letter, resume, qualifications, and the names of three (3) professional references at least one of which must be a current supervisor (one document if submitted electronically). All new employees are required to provide an original Police Record Check (which includes a “vulnerable sector search”) acceptable to the Board prior to the commencement of employment.
Applicants with a disability that requires an accommodation to enable their participation in the interview process should advise the Board when contacted for an interview. Any assessment and selection materials and processes used in the interview process can be made available in an accessible format, upon request in advance.
All submissions are subject to a screening process and some applicants may not be granted an interview.
Grand Erie District School Board recognizes Six Nations of the Grand River and Mississaugas of the Credit First Nation, as the longstanding peoples of this territory. We honour, recognize, and respect these communities as well as all First Nations, Métis and Inuit Peoples who reside within Grand Erie District School Board. We are all stewards of these lands and waters where we now gather, learn and play, and commit to working together in the spirit of Reconciliation.
|Hours of Work
||8-hour day, 40 hours per week, 12 months per year
|Rate of Pay
||$29.53/hour (for G1), $26.02 (for G2). A very competitive benefit package is available.
||As soon as can be mutually arranged
Deadline: February 16, 2023 at 4:00 p.m.