Position Type: Full-time / Permanent
Location: London, Ontario
Experience: 7 Years
Education: CQE or ASQC Engineer
Starlim North America is a global leader in the manufacturing of silicone parts specializing in custom Liquid Silicone Rubber moulding for health care and automotive industries.
Located in London since 2004, our Austrian mother company has been expanding world-wide since 1974. Our proprietary, fully automated, world-class technologies and high quality products, combined with creative, continuous improvement and lean manufacturing technologies allow us to deliver high quality products.
As leader of the Quality team, you will manage all aspects of the Quality System to ensure compliance with both standards and customer specific requirements. This includes implementation of quality controls, customer relations and team member training.
Are you passionate about quality and continuous improvement?
Do you enjoy the challenge of a high tech manufacturing environment?
Do you have?
- Maintenance and further development of the existing integrated management system in consideration of the principles of the company
- Ensuring that new regulations and customer system requirements are implemented and monitored throughout the company
- Representative for customers with the responsibility and authority to ensure that customer requirements are taken into account
- Responsible for the implementation of quality control systems
- Certification to quality standards
- Working with Production and Process Teams in order to maintain Starlim’s high level of quality
- Training of employees to compliance of quality and customer specifications
- Maintenance and further development of the existing integrated management system (ISO9001, IATF16949, ISO14001, OHSAS18001, ISO13485, ISO 50001)
- Direct the certification to ISO 9001, ITAF 16949, ISO 14001, and ISO 13485
- Developing, implementing, and maintaining the ISO certified Quality Management System
- Strategic alignment of the management system including new regulations and customer-specific system requirements like IQ, OQ, PQ, Cleanliness, etc.
- Conducting internal and supervising external process and system audits including tracking of measures and monitoring of implementation
- Identification of improvement possibilities on organizational, quality and systematic issues
- Analysis of SPC results and drive improvement towards 6 Sigma
- Determination of corrective and preventive measures, or initiation and assistance.
- Review of specifications, quality assurance agreements and customer-specific system requirements and implementation of the requirement.
- Selection of special characteristic and definition of quality targets.
- Timely customer response to include 8D’s, PPAP’s, CCR’s, requests for compliance statements, etc.
- Supporting or conducting training to all Starlim team members and ensure adherence to Starlim Management System
- Direct the implementation of test procedures in accordance with standards and customer requirements
- Work closely with Process Teams regarding test results, continuous improvements and quality system requirements
- Visit suppliers and customers as required within North America and Europe
- Manage and train the Quality Department, formal performance feedback to all Employees annually; regular feedback as required
- Responsible for departmental staffing, budgeting and planning
- Responsible and accountable to ensure department is operating efficiently and is showing positive Quality results
- Implementation and Key User for Quipsy
- Other duties as assigned by the Vice President/CEO
- Should conduct other work activities according to established job instructions and follow procedures and practices of Starlim North America Corporation
- Adherence to responsibilities as per OHSAS 18001 / ISO 45001
- Support Environmental, Health & Safety initiatives throughout the facility, ensuring safety, housekeeping and quality standards are maintained
- Related University Degree/College Diploma
- Certified QMS Auditor
Successful candidate will also possess:
- Minimum 7 years related experience in management position such as Quality Manager, Quality Assurance Manager or Manager in a manufacturing environment improving quality systems and training employees
- Demonstrated knowledge of quality systems and ability to sustain a strong Quality Management system
- Experience with automotive/medical device quality requirements and the required documentation (PPAP, 8D, CCR, FMEA, APQP, Control Plans, IQ, PQ, OQ, etc.)
- Utilisation of SPC and advance statistical methods
- Experience working with customers resolving quality issues
- Oriented to a manufacturing organization
If you have the required qualifications and would like to work in a growing, high tech, continuous improvement environment, please apply with your resume and cover letter at https://starlimna.bamboohr.com/jobs/view.php?id=67
Starlim is an equal employment opportunity employer and offer a competitive salary and benefit package.
Candidates must be legally employable in Canada to be considered for employment. For assistance with accommodation issues regarding the submission of your resume please contact Starlim North America Human Resources.
- Effective customer and supplier collaboration
- Extensive knowledge of the quality core tools that include APQP, FMEA, MSA, PPAP, and SPC
- Knowledge and proven experience in 6 Sigma
- Thorough knowledge of ISO 9001, IATF 16949, ISO 14001, ISO 13485 Quality Management Systems
- Solid communication and presentation skills
- Demonstrated ability to work as a team player and motivate others effectively within a team environment to get the required results. Act as a coach and mentor to Quality Department
- Encourage professional development to enhance team performance. Cross train employees to maximize flexibility and coverage to accommodate vacations and absences.
- Excellent computer skills in Word, Excel, Power Point, and customer quality software packages
- Hands on data driven problem solving skills
- Knowledge of Lean Manufacturing/Continuous Improvement principles an asset
- Strong leadership, communication, and negotiating skills
- Good decision making abilities based on data and/or experience
- Valid passport and ability to travel within North America and Europe
- A valid driver’s license is required