This posting has expired and applications are no longer being received and this job does not show up on the main job list.
||Jul 15, 2020
Canaccede Financial Group Ltd. and its subsidiaries are Canadian industry leaders in specialized investment and financial services products. Through our acquisition entities and our managing and servicing entity, Canaccede International Management Ltd., we have been working with large lenders and financial institutions in the acquisition and services of performing, insolvent and distressed receivables since 2008, and we are the largest multi-asset acquirer in the Canadian market.
We operate with an analytically driven philosophy that is always responsive to our client’s individual needs and circumstances. Our business proposition is to maximize value from acquired receivables in a cost-effective manner and provide integrated consumer finance solutions.
The entire team at Canaccede is forward-looking and has an open growth-oriented corporate culture that offers motivated employees the opportunity to learn and grow with it. We have offices in Toronto and London, Ontario.
The successful candidate will initially work from home and there is potential for the position to be a permanent work from home opportunity. While our ideal candidate would be based in London, the successful candidate will be in commuting distance to either of our locations to work in office, if/when necessary.
Manager, Financial Planning & Analysis
The Financial Analyst is responsible for providing financial and analytical support as it relates to the organization’s Financial Planning & Accounting practices. This position involves planning, analytical reporting and accounting support for monthly financials and profit planning. As an experienced member of the Finance & Accounting Team, the Financial Analyst aids in the completion of Team deliverables, working proactively to ensure all deadlines are adhered to. The Financial Analyst reports directly to the Manager, Financial Planning & Analysis.
Financial Planning & Analysis
- In collaboration with Manager, FP&A, provide financial and analytical support to VP of Finance
- Assist in the completion of weekly cash forecasts and maintenance of the AP and expense forecasts
- Prepare internal and external monthly reporting packages including variance analysis
- Prepare monthly lender remittances
- Assist in the development of enhanced performance indicators monitoring, highlighting trends, and analyzing cause of unexpected variance
- Assist in the continued development and maintenance of annual profit plan, rolling plans, forecasting, and operating tools
- Support the continuous improvement of FP&A by recommending actions by analyzing, interpreting data and making comparative analysis
- Assist in the development, implementation, and maintenance of cost allocations for use in profitability analysis for various income streams.
- Assist with special projects, including due diligence, audit, forecasting
- Present accurate interpretations of financial results & reports to cross function audiences
- Perform analytical reviews and reconciliation of all balance sheet accounts monthly, including the reconciliation of subsidiary ledgers to the general ledger
- Prepare and support the completion of journal entries, financial statements, reconciliations and reports in a timely manner
- Prepare for, and be involved in, the internal and external audit process
- Assist in the implementation and maintenance of internal financial controls and procedures
- Perform all duties and responsibilities in accordance with Generally Accepted Account Principles and remain updated with best practice
- Provide input in reaching departmental/organizational goals
- Provide recommendations on creating efficiencies in the accounting process, and be actively involved with implementation on any approved recommendations
- Protect organization’s value by keeping information confidential
- Support Corporate initiatives such as compliance and business continuity
- Other duties and tasks as assigned based on business need
- University/college degree/diploma in finance, accounting, or related field required
- Experience in accounting and financial analysis
- Accounting designation preferred
- Excellent computer skills
- General understanding of computerized accounting systems
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Excel
- Ability to follow through, prioritize and complete overlapping projects
- Ability to interpret and implement company policies and procedures
- Ability to build and maintain lasting relationships with corporate departments and key business partners
- Accuracy and attention to detail while working under tight deadlines
- Ability to work independently as well as within a team/group
- Effective communication skills with individuals at all levels of the organization, both verbal and written
- Strong problem identification and problem resolution skills
- Strong work ethic and integrity
- Good organizational, time management and prioritizing skills
What’s great about working for Canaccede Financial Group?
- Physical demands typical to an office environment/administrative role
- Movement from one spot to another is expected, as is standard within any office setting
- Sitting for long periods of time
- Standing for at least one hour is anticipated
- Limited Light physical effort (bending, reaching, carrying light items, walking, standing), defined as more than 5 hours/week
- Constant manual dexterity (eye/hand movements requiring precision, accuracy and/or fine motor control), defined as more than 30 hours/week
- Constant Visual effort (concentrated reading of documentation or close monitoring of computer terminals and display patters), defined as more than 30 hours/week
- Tight deadlines
- Regular simultaneous multiple demands which must be attended to ‘on the spot’
- Regular accelerated work pace, based on a fluctuating volume of customer contacts
- Constant attention to detail, subject to frequent interruptions that require immediate attention
- Overtime as required
Competitive total compensation structure, which includes: competitive base salary, annual bonus program, deferred profit sharing plan, group RRSP, 3 weeks’ paid vacation, paid sick days, company paid health, dental, vision, paramedical, life and travel insurance benefits, employee assistance program, and tuition reimbursement program.
While working from home we are sure to provide our employees with the systems necessary for long term success, which includes your performance and communication tools. We have also modified our onboarding process to help integrate you into the company even before your first day, and we will help connect you with all our current employees. Our Social Committee hosts virtual monthly activities, and we continue to find unique and fun ways to celebrate our successes while remote.
When it is safe for all employees to return to our offices you will get to enjoy our open concept work environment, which is ideal for collaboration and team building. Enjoy your lunch with your colleagues in our expansive lunchroom filled with windows, booths, and social tables. Our Social Committee coordinates fun events on a regular basis – both inside and outside of the office. These include holiday lunches, pub nights, contests, and a weekly lottery, just to name a few. We happily spend time celebrating our employees’ personal and work-related accomplishments with awards, company-wide recognition, and of course, cake.
We care about giving back to the London community. Each employee is provided with 1 paid day per year to volunteer at any registered charity of their choice. We also provide monthly donations to charities that are meaningful to our staff. So far, we have donated almost $25,000 for both local and national charities, all of which were selected by our employees.
Sound like a perfect fit for you? We think so too.
Canaccede Financial Group Ltd. welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. Requests for accommodation can be made via email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Additional accessibility information and contact information can be found on the company website at www.canaccede.com/accessible-customer-service
Qualified candidates are encouraged to submit a resume and cover letter to Angie Glasser, Director, Human Resources & Administration via email at email@example.com
Thank you for considering a career with Canaccede Financial Group. We will contact those who have been selected for an interview.