||Sep 23, 2022
SALARY RANGE: $63,172 - $83,542
HIRING RANGE: $63,172 - $80,628
DATE OF VACANCY: As soon as possible
APPLICATION DEADLINE: 2022 October 04 at 11:59 pm
The Financial Analyst is responsible for monitoring and providing guidance on the Board’s financial activities and resources. The Financial Analyst provides support to school and department staff regarding finance related matters, such as budget development and monitoring; financial modelling; forecasting; financial analysis and reporting; financial systems administration; revenue and expense control; implementation of new financial initiatives; and organizational support and training.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Prepares customized financial reports of the Board’s financial activities for various internal and external users including Schools, Management, Senior Administration, Ministry of Education, etc.
- Performs regular review and analysis of financial data
- Meets regularly with internal clients to provide training, financial updates, discuss financial performance and offer suggestions to ensure financial plans are on track
- Performs, reviews and processes accounting transactions that consist of revenues, expenses, assets and liabilities
- Assist in the development of the Board’s annual budget and monitor regularly
- Maintain and reconcile the Board’s financial systems, budgeting systems, and financial databases
- Ensure the proper use and allocation of the Board’s financial resources
EDUCATION/EXPERIENCE AND QUALIFICATIONS:
- Analyze and reconcile restricted grant, tangible capital assets, capital projects, accounts payable and receivable transactions, Thames Valley Education Foundation and TVDSB Scholarships activity, and First Nations tuition agreements
- Ensure financial activities comply with policies, procedures, partnership agreements, grant requirements and legislation through the continuous review and application of expenditure controls
- Analyze and verify accounts payable and employee expense processing/reporting
- Compile and analyze data for reporting in relation to the financial cycle, Ministry submissions, budget process, tax assessments and Public Sector Accounting Board requirements
- Maintain financial software applications; conduct software testing to validate processes; analyze and verify data
- Provide training and financial expertise to budget holders
- Provide support to out-of-country student admissions processes
The recruitment process requires a criminal background check for work with vulnerable persons.
- Completion of a four (4) year degree in Accounting, Finance or Business Administration or a three (3) year degree combined with a professional accounting designation or equivalent
- Three (3) years of related work experience is required
- Proficient in computer applications such as MS Office Suite, financial systems and work-related software etc.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with effective communication, both orally and in writing to provide exemplary customer service
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a team
- In-depth knowledge of accounting principles, Public Sector Accounting Standards, and all relevant legislation
- Ability to understand and interpret government regulations, such as Ministry of Education Technical Papers
- Advanced analytical and problem-solving skills
- Demonstrated organizational and time management skills.
Please note it is the responsibility of the applicant to ensure that the application is received by Human Resources on or before the deadline date.
If you were educated outside of Canada, you must have your certificates and/or diplomas or degrees assessed against Canadian education standards. This will enable you to provide proof of Canadian equivalency when applying for a job. The Alliance of Credential Evaluation Services of Canada is a membership organization that offers fair and credible academic credential assessment services in Canada. (NOTE: This is different from translating credentials into English).
Please use the "APPLY FOR THIS POSITION" link below to submit your electronic application. Only applications submitted using this link will be considered.
The Thames Valley District School Board is committed to equity and inclusion in the recruitment of qualified staff who reflect and support the diverse perspectives, experiences and needs of our students and school communities. The Thames Valley District School Board seeks to ensure that all recruiting processes are non-discriminatory and barrier-free and will provide accommodations to applicants in accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA). Please inform the Human Resources team member indicated below of the nature of any accommodation(s) that you require.
A. Torchia, Staffing Specialist, Human Resources
We thank all applicants, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.