||Oct 16, 2020
Great Lakes Copper Ltd., a Company of Mueller Streamline, has a great job opportunity available. Wea are currently looking for a licensed Electrician to join our team.
Great Lakes Copper is a fully integrated copper tube mill producing a broad assortment of high quality products, with particular strength in the large OD copper tube market, selling in both Canada and the States. We are based out of London, Ontario and have enjoyed servicing our clients for over 60 years. Our team proudly operates the only copper tube mill in Canada!
Purpose: Reporting directly to the Maintenance Supervisor, the Electrician will increase uptime, throughput, efficiency and quality through the process of maintaining, designing developing and continuously improving our equipment. The Electrician helps ensure we continue to produce the best copper tube.
As a member of the maintenance team, the Electrician works closely with the Operations staff to:
- Contribute to continuous improvement and cost reduction
- Read and interpret drawings, blueprints, schematics and electrical code specifications to determine layout of industrial electrical equipment installations
- Install, examine, replace or repair electrical wiring, receptacles, switch boxes, conduits, feeders, fiber-optic and coaxial cable assemblies, lighting fixtures and other electrical components
- Evaluate and improve our process for uptime and repeatability
- Evaluate downtime situations for root cause and identify potential risks to similar processes
- Complete preventative maintenance on equipment and keep maintenance records to identify weakness in design
- Assist in developing and/or updating preventive maintenance procedures
- Monitor and participate in ensuring all Key Performance Indicators ( Safety, Quality and Productivity ) are being achieved
- Communicate information throughout shift and during shift change
- Co-ordinate activities of apprentices, helpers and assigned contractors
- Support cross-functional repairs to equipment that includes Electrical, Mechanical, and Tooling provided it can be done safely
- Troubleshoot safety devices
- Troubleshoot equipment using software with encoder feedback
- Troubleshoot, maintain, and repair industrial, electrical and electronic control systems and other related devices
- Participate in new electrical and mechanical designs and ensure equipment build standards meet Great Lakes Copper’s build specifications.
- Install, align, dismantle and move stationary industrial machinery and mechanical equipment
- Operate hoisting and lifting devices such as cranes, jacks and tractors to position machinery and parts during installation, set-up and repair of machinery
- Contribute to safety by following safe work practices, policies and procedures. .
- Complete other duties as required to support the Mill.
Interested and qualified? We encourage you to apply by forwarding your resume and salary expectations to HR@glcopper.com. We appreciate all interest however only those chosen for an interview will be contacted.
Accommodations for job applicants with disabilities are available upon request during the interview process. To request accommodation during the recruitment process, please email Daniela.Pippo@glcopper.com or call (519)455-0770, ext. 226.
- Minimum Grade 12 diploma or equivalent
- Electrical Certificate on Qualification (309A or 442A)
- Demonstrated technical expertise; a minimum of 2 years of experience as an Industrial Electrician
- Demonstrated organizational skills and mathematical ability
- Proven problem-solving ability
- Be familiar SLC500, PLC 5 Micro Logix’s, Control Logix’s, FT View, SE and ME, Power Flex VFD Drives, Process Control experience is an asset;
- Solid communication skills; demonstrated ability to asked relevant questions, and convey recommendations and/or concerns appropriately
- Ability to effectively listen and communicate.
- Strong team orientation and solution focused demeanor
- An understanding of new electrical standards involving Pre-Health and Safety reviews, safe distance calculations, and Safety Plc’s
- Demonstrated ability to complete projects from user request to implementation.
- Strong commitment and work ethic.
- Ability to work well in a team environment as well as independently.
- Ability physically to maneuver around workstations and climb stairs when needed.
- The ability to travel, periodically, to our warehouse in St. Thomas.