Many companies spend 6+ months to craft the infrastructure and models for large scale text classification. Datastreamer changes that. We offer classification capabilities and a platform-as-a-service which is the foundation on which amazing companies can build their text classification and mass data processing. What you should know:
We are a funded startup. Therefore we focus on fast, lean, scrappy execution. You need to be energetic, knowledgeable, creative, and passionate.
We already have market validation. A lot of tech startups don’t do their homework before they build. We did, and we know what we need to build.
We are dealing with some brand-new technology. You need to be excited about continuously investigating new technologies and challenging the status quo.
If you are looking for constant challenges and working with cutting edge technology in an exciting technology company, then this is the job for you!
Do you have demonstrated experience in DevOps tools and technology? Are you an expert resource that can provide insight and recommendations based on industry and technology trends? Do you have a big-picture perspective that encompasses software development, infrastructure and operations? If you answered yes, this is the opportunity for you!
The Senior DevOps Specialist is responsible for enabling and maintaining continuous build and integration processes and supporting environments, including production. As one of the brilliant minds behind the scalability and performance of our product, you will work to enable the whole engineering team to operate more effectively and iterate at top-speed in an open, collaborative environment.
You'll be responsible for:
You should be someone with:
- Applying your knowledge of industry trends and developments to improve development and maintenance
- Building and maintaining DevOps capabilities to support product development
- Maintaining and improving deployments
- Initiating and participating in development and automation projects
- Implementing, maintaining and improving application/system monitoring to help identify and improve key performance metrics
- Supporting and managing project application environments
- Creating, maintaining and updating documentation for projects, applications and systems
- Staying up-to-date with emerging technologies, with the ability to match them to the organization’s needs
- Demonstrating resourcefulness in troubleshooting and researching solutions independently
- Taking responsibility for seeing assignments through to completion and ensuring stakeholders are kept informed
- Initiating, monitoring and maintaining vendor relationships
- Other duties as assigned
- Degree or diploma in Computer Science, Engineering, or a related discipline
- 3-5 years of relevant experience in software development and systems administration in a DevOps environment
- Significant experience with Ansible, hybrid on-prem and cloud set-ups, Cassandra, RabbitMQ, ELK, Prometheus, Grafana
- Demonstrated expertise using and administering Cloud solutions
- Experience with service-oriented architectures, data analytics, CI/CD tools and Agile development practices
- Experience with Kubernetes/Kafka/Docker is an asset
- Knowledge and experience with configuration management tools to assist with infrastructure and application automation
- High level of professionalism in all situations
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong aptitude for learning new programs or skills
- Detail-oriented with ability to prioritize effectively
Why work for us?
- Competitive compensation including full company-sponsored benefits plan
- Employee stock options plan
- "Remote-first" work opportunity
- Culture of autonomy, creativity, growth & ownership
- Purposeful work
- The opportunity to be an integral part of building something BIG
If this sounds like the right fit for you, apply today via email to email@example.com
We are an equal opportunity employer and are committed to providing employment accommodation in accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005 (AODA). Datastreamer will provide accommodations to any job applicants with disabilities throughout the recruitment process. If you require an accommodation, please notify Human Resources and we will work with you to meet your needs. We thank all candidates for their interest, however only selected candidates will be contacted for an interview. No phone calls please.