||Sep 08, 2022
Position Type: Full time, permanent
Location: London, Ontario
Experience: 5 Years
Education: College Diploma or University Degree
IT Team Leader
Starlim North America is a global leader in the manufacturing of silicone components specializing in custom Liquid Silicone Rubber moulding for the healthcare, automotive and industrial industries.
Located in London since 2004, we deliver exceptional customer service providing a consistently high standard of quality, elite technological sophistication and a drive to be the best at what we do for our customers. Starlim North America – we are silicone at it's best.
- Responsible for overseeing and ensuring that the organization’s IT infrastructure including all systems and equipment are operating effectively and efficiently.
- Further development of the software systems for long-term plans and requirements in coordination with the Global Team.
- Timely and efficient implementation of all local and global software projects.
- Control and monitoring of all local IT Infrastructure projects.
- Complete all tasks accurately and efficiently within the defined KPIs
- Establish and ensure a close collaboration with the Global IT Team, including the global IT Management Team
We require an Team Leader who will be responsible for:
- Technical and disciplinary management of the local IT employees in coordination with the responsible global IT supervisor
- Ongoing coordination with technical supervisor/global IT managers
- Detailed planning and controlling of projects
- Control, administration, and distribution of tasks and projects to the local team
- Conflict resolution in the event of major problems and disruptions at the local site in arrangement with the global IT managers
- Coordination with external partners
- Troubleshooting of customer complaints related to IT systems
- Procurement of hardware (clients, desktops, laptops, network infrastructure, servers, storage, etc.)
- Documentation of tasks, changes, and procedures
- Participation and on-going support in IT related projects
- Decision-making during IT-projects in coordination with global IT managers
- Ensure all IT activities are performed within the parameters of applicable laws, codes, and regulations
- Oversee relationships with IT vendors and service providers to ensure service levels are maintained and contractual obligations are fulfilled
- Oversee and report on project status, manage project team resources and assignments, ensure project milestones are met and up to standard
- Set targets and objectives for the team, and deliver results
- Ability to fill in for IT staff and deliver technical support and expertise when needed
- Collaboration and support during the development and roll-out of organizational changes within the IT department
- Collaborate and be involved with performance management, hiring, onboarding/offboarding, developing and monitoring a growing team and establishing individual KPIs
- Support and supervision of local and external locations for all major systems in our company (ERP, BI, DMS, etc.)
- Remain up to date with advances in technology and industry best practices
- Provide annual IT budget recommendation to senior leadership regarding current IT solutions and technologies, and implementation of future IT initiatives aligned to the strategic business plans and security of the organization
- Education and training of new employees and colleagues or of new systems
- Support Environmental, Health & Safety initiatives throughout the facility, ensuring safety, housekeeping and quality standards are maintained
- Other duties as assigned by the local and global Manager
Do you have?
- Post Secondary education with a Diploma/Degree in an Information Technology discipline or equivalent experience
- Minimum 5 years of working experience in IT and at least 2 years of leadership experience
- Knowledge of network infrastructure, firewalls, telephone systems, storage systems, SCCM, MS Exchange, Active Directory, Windows server environment, MSSQL databases, and VM Ware
- Experience in manufacturing business, technology standards, managing people and project management
- Experience working with a global team in multiple regions an asset
Successful candidate will also have:
If you have the required qualifications and would like to work in a growing, high tech, continuous improvement environment, please apply with your resume and cover letter, https://starlimna.bamboohr.com/jobs/view.php?id=87
Starlim is an equal employment opportunity employer and offer a competitive salary and benefit package. Candidates must be legally employable in Canada to be considered for employment.
Starlim North America is committed to providing accommodations. If you require an accommodation, we will work with you to meet your needs. We thank all applicants for their interest, only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.
- Knowledge of external competition, and/or market trends
- Readiness and motivation to manage a group or team of IT professionals
- Proven success in problem solving and coming up with strategies and plans for operational improvement
- Understanding of project management fundamentals with proven complex project delivery track record and ability to manage multiple concurrent projects
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills; capable of writing proposals and documentation, training users in complex topics, communicating and negotiating with vendors, and presenting to and interacting positively with senior leadership
- Ability to resolve problems and escalate issues with suggestions for further investigation and options for consideration as required
- Excellent English oral and written communication skills to effectively interact with technical and non- technical users
- Ability to work both independently and collaboratively and as part of a larger global team
- Highly organized and detail oriented with excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
- Must be able to work nights and weekend when required (rare)