This posting has expired and applications are no longer being received and this job does not show up on the main job list.
||Apr 22, 2021
MAINTENANCE SUPERVISOR, PROJECT CREW (3 p.m. – 11 p.m., subject to change)
JOB TITLE: Maintenance Supervisor, Project Crew
SALARY RANGE: $73,247-$96,867 (pending review)
HIRING RANGE: $73,247 - $93,488 (pending review)
DATE OF VACANCY: As soon as possible
APPLICATION DEADLINE: 2021 May 03
The Maintenance Supervisor- Project Crew provides leadership to maintenance staff, managing small renovation projects (example office renovations, etc.) from inquiry through to completion. Working with other members of the Facility Services team, this role also directly supports the relocation of portable classrooms, by ensuring effective and efficient delivery of service through disassembly, reassembly, and commissioning of units as necessary. The incumbent is accountable for supervising staff and contractors, inspecting ongoing work, ensuring proper planning and organization, while adhering to project budgets and complying with all provincial codes, regulations, and bylaws to protect against injury, facility damage and school day losses.
- Supervise Facility Services staff including Plumbers, Electricians, HVAC technicians, Carpenters, Groundskeepers and Painters
- Maintain budget and expenditures
- Coordinate project management efforts and manage capital projects
- Participate in staffing, recruitment and training
- Support schools and Administration
- Provide leadership, monitor, manage and assess work performance, determine priorities, delegate work responsibilities, approve staff schedules, and participate in hiring process
- Coordinate with facility Administrators, Operations, Projects and Facility Services management to schedule maintenance work
- Establish 24-hour shift coverage and emergency response protocols
- Respond to emergency situations 24/7 and deploy staff as necessary
- Ensure safe, reliable operation of all mechanical, electrical, HVAC, and plumbing systems and associated equipment, components and related processes
- Maintain an effective stewardship program for capital infrastructure that identifies, estimates, and defines the urgency of major repairs and restoration needs
- Maintain excellent communication and positive relationships with coworkers, staff, union officials, and stakeholders
- Utilize CMMS to receive, analyze, and assign work to staff, assist in the development and implementation of schedules and procedures for safety inspections, and preventative and predictive maintenance programs
- Monitor and effectively administer the assigned zone budget, investigating overages, and taking steps to prevent reoccurrence
- Approve vendor invoices and expenditures made by Maintenance staff
- Coordinate, direct, and monitor external agencies and vendors, including requests for quotation and inspections for a diverse variety of skilled disciplines
- Review and approve requests for site alterations
- Coordinate meetings with Administration to identify their needs/wants for the facility
- Ensure that Administrators follow Board procurement and workflow process when obtaining equipment for their facilities
- Review and approve of locations for outdoor equipment and learning centers
- Research code requirements and advise Administrators regarding change of use requests
- Troubleshoot the Building Automation Systems to assess which trade is required for repairs
- Conduct monthly Health and Safety meetings
- Create Preventative Maintenance (PM) plans for various projects
- Ensure adherence to all policies and procedures including the safe operation and maintenance of all vehicles and equipment
- Work on special projects from time to time as requested by the Supervisor or delegate
EDUCATION/EXPERIENCE: Completion of two (2) year post-secondary education in building construction or engineering or equivalent, plus minimum of five (5) years of demonstrated supervisory experience and abilities in building construction or maintenance management, including a minimum of 3 years’ experience supervising staff or leading work teams preferably in a unionized environment. The incumbent must demonstrate sufficient technical and interpersonal skills to successfully meet the expectations of this position.
The position requires frequent use of the employee’s personal vehicle for travel to Board sites. All applicable travel is reimbursed according to Board policy and procedures using the Board’s posted mileage rate.
The recruitment process requires a criminal background check for work with vulnerable persons.
- Sound understanding and proficiency with Building Codes and Regulations, HVAC systems, Health and Safety, and Project Management
- Knowledge of TVDSB specific software (i.e. Computerized Maintenance Management, Building Management System and accounting software) is required
- Skilled in conflict resolution tactics, prioritization, and time management
- Proficient in computer systems such as Outlook 365, MS Office Suite, etc.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with effective communication skills, both orally and in writing
- Ability to work both independently and part of a team
- Ability to understand and respond to the needs of diverse school communities
Please note it is the responsibility of the applicant to ensure that the application is received by Human Resources on or before the deadline date.
The Thames Valley District School Board is committed to equity and inclusion in the recruitment of qualified staff who reflect and support the diverse perspectives, experiences and needs of our students and school communities. The Thames Valley District School Board seeks to ensure that all recruiting processes are non-discriminatory and barrier-free and will provide accommodations to applicants in accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA). Please inform the Human Resources team member indicated below of the nature of any accommodation(s) that you require.
If you were educated outside of Canada, you must have your certificates and/or diplomas or degrees assessed against Canadian education standards. This will enable you to provide proof of Canadian equivalency when applying for a job. The Alliance of Credential Evaluation Services of Canada is a membership organization that offers fair and credible academic credential assessment services in Canada. (NOTE: This is different from translating credentials into English).
Please use the "APPLY FOR THIS POSITION" link below to submit your electronic application. Only applications submitted using this link will be considered.
E. Usanovic, Acting Staffing Specialist, Human Resources
We thank all applicants, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.