The London District Catholic School Board has a reputation for excellence, with more than 3,500 employees working together to educate approximately 24,000 students at 43 elementary schools, 9 secondary schools and St. Patrick Adul & Continuing Education within Middlesex, Oxford, and Elgin counties, including the cities of London, St. Thomas, Strathroy and Woodstock.
The London District Catholic School Board is currently accepting applications for:
Custodian - 0.375 FTE
at Our Lady Immaculate Catholic Elementary School
(75 Head St. N. Strathroy, ON)
Reporting to the Building Services. Hours of work are arranged according to the departmental as site needs.
- A self-motivated individual with extensive custodial experience and excellent human relation skills.
- Good oral and written communication skills.
Start Date: Immediately Job Type: Permanent Salary range: $21.66 to $24.66
(Commensurate with experience)
Applications must include a cover letter, resume, and the names and contact information of two employment references, one of whom is your immediate supervisor, by March 22, 2022 at 4:00 pm.
- General mechanical skills relevant to the operation of fresh air systems, roof mounted units, gas fired boilers, finned tube convection heating systems, air compressors, and Computer Control System.
- Ability to perform the regular functions of lifting, sweeping, mopping, climbing ladders, constructing scaffolds, operating power equipment, moving furniture and supplies.
- Extensive knowledge of acceptable health and safety practices.
Current conditions of employment with the London District Catholic School Board:
• Mandatory adherence to all Health and Safety protocols and training as required and directed.
The London District Catholic schools exist to provide an educational atmosphere which fosters and directs the spiritual, intellectual, physical, and social growth of all our students to enable them to live and contribute as responsible Catholics in any society. Hiring a diverse workforce will best serve our students and promote an inclusive environment. The London District Catholic School Board is committed to equity and inclusion in the requirement of qualified staff who reflect and support the diverse perspective and experiences and needs of our students and school communities. All hiring decisions will be fair, consistent, transparent, and made in accordance with applicable laws, including the Ontario Human Rights Code and the school board collective agreements.
The London District Catholic School Board is committed to providing accommodations. If you require accommodation to enable your participation in the interview & selection process, we will work with you to meet your needs. Please advise the Board when contacted for an interview.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
V. Romeo, Director L. Steel, Chair